OH NO! Crystal costume necklace peeled!

1. I was going to put on my necklace today..you know the necklace with CC with the crystals on it..and I noticed the clasp part of my necklace peeled :wtf: and now, there's this rusty color on it!:sad: I'm soo upset because I rarely wear the necklace..what do i do now? did this happen to your costume jewelry? I've had this a little over a year now.. I was thinking about taking it back to Chanel and have them fix it but I wonder how much it is going to cost me..

2. Wow; I'm so sorry this happened!

It really sucks when you pay so much for something and it's not really well made.

It's not worth the hassle to get it fixed. Is it just the clasp? It should be really easy to buy goldplated clasps at a bead store or online and replace them yourself.

I had a goldtone Chanel belt years ago, and the gold flaked off every time I wore it. That's pretty much when I swore off Chanel. If they can't have the plating process down by now, they aren't getting my money. As an example, I have Monet and Kenneth Jay Lane costume jewelry from 10-15 years ago that still looks brand new and pristine; even though I've worn them alot.

Good luck!

3. wow thats really sad to here..Chanel should get their act together I'm sure plating is not technically challenging

4. That is so disappointing. Hope you can get it fixed!