Oh no! Bad news!

Okay, ladies. I went into H to see what my other choices were and to confront this "kelly elan is no longer available" rumor. Three SAs swore on their mother's grave that this is the truth and that the design is five years old. Huh???
I don't know about it being discontinued, but I DO kow it's moe than five years old! They had these seven years ago, last time I was in PAris (too long ago!). Your SA's sound a little ill-informed, Lady E.

The red one sounds glorious.
I cannot wait to get to the bottom of this. I love the elan. I hope shopmom keeps hers on the coffee table always. Its that pretty.....

Emma, you must keep us posted. This is not a trifling matter!!!!!!!
:yes: :yes:

I think these girls are just misinformed. I truly don't think they were playing games, it looked more like ignorance. I was at another store in the last few days where the woman called my cyclamen agenda "purple." Huh??? How about a little quality service? Come on!

Lady Emma, it's not unusual for a discontinued design to just pop up once in a while in the store. There was a bag designed in the 70's and 80's called the Piano bag. A picture can be found in Orchid's thread in the Hermes Reference Library. Well, lo and behold, there was a Piano clutch in NYC just a few weeks ago. J stamp and everything. Is it currently in production? If push came to shove, I would have to say no. This was just a rare instance that Hermes decided to make this one bag. The SAs were just as shocked as I was. And I have been told that the Kelly Elan is SO only. And even then Paris may still turn down your request as it is not a bag in current demand.

If you really want one, try your luck at 24 Faubourg where they're likely to have at least one in stock. The last time I was there they had a blue jean swift with PH (gorgeous!).

Lady Emma, it's not unusual for a discontinued design to just pop up once in a while in the store. There was a bag designed in the 70's and 80's called the Piano bag. A picture can be found in Orchid's thread in the Hermes Reference Library. Well, lo and behold, there was a Piano clutch in NYC just a few weeks ago. J stamp and everything. Is it currently in production? If push came to shove, I would have to say no. This was just a rare instance that Hermes decided to make this one bag. The SAs were just as shocked as I was. And I have been told that the Kelly Elan is SO only. And even then Paris may still turn down your request as it is not a bag in current demand.

Thanks, HG. I couldn't get ahold of my regular SA today so I stalled for Friday and luckily they put my stuff on hold. Now it's a tossup between red swift jpg clutch or black box, both with GH. The bag is not going to be used all the time, so red would be okay, and it's so pretty and chic with the gold, but I know that black will go with so much more. The problem is that the red is softer, and more user friendly (less maintenance and worry) while the black I'm really worried about finger oil and dirt getting on the body of the bag. But thanks for filling me in, at least now I feel better about the shoddy service.

Em I want you to have both!
They would both be so amazing with your wardrobe, and your collection....
They are so tiny, they wont take up much room.
:yes: :yes:

I cant wait to see how this turns out!!!!!!!!!!!!
:popcorn:

Thanks, CB! I want them both too! hee hee. Unfortunately, my allowance and "commissions" aren't endless and I'm trying to keep my spending in check! A lot of good that will do me next month!:rolleyes: :heart: :smile: I'll keep you posted. Maybe I won't have to choose until Friday.