Oh, my crazy friend. . .

My ex-husband for our first Christmas bought me an apron with my name embroidered across the front - literally - in big block letters!- and a set of expensive pots and pans!

I would be very happy to have your friend's husband!

She definitely should keep it...her DH's so sweet to surprise her with such nice gifts...he'll be hurt if she returned them...and maybe advise her to talk to her husband at an appropriate time about her thoughts 'cos she won't be happy either if she truly feels strongly abt spending too much on gifts regardless of their economic status...communication is so important in a marriage...

She should keep it -- she risks offending her DH or hurting his feelings if she parts with it since he chose this for her and made a great effort to get it as a surprise. I have a not so pretty handbag hanging in my closet that DH gave me for Christmas one year. It's only a low end purse but he was so thrilled to have gotten it for me that I know I would be offending him if I get rid of it. Most definitely, she should keep it!

She's leaning toward keeping it because she does not want to hurt his feelings. He's normally the type of guy that is not really "aware" of those kind of things so I was so shocked when I heard he got an LV for her. I told her who knows one day I might be able to convert her to LV so it's best to keep the pochette. :yes:

Don't be surprised, they can find out easily. There is a supervisor from another department in my company came to me one day and asked what kind of bag I was wearing. He claimed he was interested in getting something for his wife :yes:

I'd say, keep everything this time, and make sure he understands that she doesn't want money spent on expensive purses... who knows, maybe she'll change her mind after several uses of her new purse and we'll see her sometime chatting with us soon? :graucho:

Even if she dislikes the bag, or thinks it's awaste, she should def. keep it, and use it often.

So many women complain that their DHs are not romantic...but then one is and she wants to quash his excitment (which she may have already done)...I imagine he was quite excited presenting it to her and she was probably lukewarm in her reception....instead she should have gave a yelp of pleasure and a big kiss.

Then in the future provide him more hints at what she really wants, and the opportunity to 'surprise' her.

She is really lucky to have such a generous husband. I always have to beg my husband to give me $$$ for a new bag (I'm a SAHM)...tell her that even if she doesn't like it, she should keep it for sentimental value!

That is such a cute story. What a sweet husband for treating his wife to these luxury gifts and what a sweet wife for thinking of the family, rather than herself. Sure they make a lot of money, but it's still nice that she's concerned about these things.

Wow, I'd definitely keep it, not just because it's fabulous but because her husband is just too sweet ! :yes:

Try to play the sentimentality card when convincing her ! :graucho:

From past experience......Men get very upset if you return a surprise gift they picked out themselves. he wanted to do something nice and surprise her. she needs to keep it and tell him how much she loves it OR she will not get anything again as a surprise. One time my ex BF bought me a Prada wallet as a surprise and I didn't like it and asked if I could exchange it, he said sure, but you know what? I could tell he was hurt and I should have never done that. After that I never got a surprise gift from him again. He would just give me gift certs or money and told me to go buy something. To me I love getting gifts and it was very sad that it happenend but I learned my lesson.