Official Louis Vuitton Spring RAOK

1. Well ladies and gents it is that time again! YES...it's RAOK time baby!!!! Below are all of the rules, instructions, and information you will need :smile:

What: Louis Vuitton Spring RAOK stands for Random Acts of Kindness. Basically it is a gift exchange among active members of the Balenciaga subforum, with the goal of injecting a bit of happiness into someone else's life!

Signups: Signups take place from 1/28 - 2/10. No exceptions.

RAOK Length: I have decided to make this RAOK 3 months long. Therefore the RAOK officially goes from 3/1 - 5/30.

Qualifications:
    1. Members MUST be an active participant on the Purse Forum, and more specifically active within the Louis Vuitton subforum.

2. Members should have at least 2 of the following 3 requirements: (1) 500 posts; (2) more than 1 post per day; (3) member for at least 3 months

3. All participants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

4. Members who flaked out on previous RAOKs or who didn't follow rules are asked not to apply.

RAOK Rules:

1. Upon signing up and gaining approval for the RAOK you will receive an invitation via email for Elfster. You MUST accept the invitation and sign-up with Elfster to participate.

2. Upon signing up for Elfster you will need to utilize the wishlist feature. In addition, you will also add your mailing address. You mailing address will ONLY be visible to your buddy, no one else can see it!!!

3. On or before 2/15 you will be assigned a buddy in a country of your choice. Your buddy may or may not (due to a weird quirk in Elfster) be the same person you are sending to.

4. You are required to send THREE gifts/packages to your assigned buddy. One gift in March, April and May. Each gift must be valued at $50 or LESS. You will be allowed ONE exception to this rule (i.e. you can spend more than $50 only ONE time).

4 1/2. Theme gifts are the funnest. Keeping in the spirit of this being the Balenciaga forum, please try to decorate/incorporate a Louis Vuitton (or general handbag) theme. This does NOT mean you need to send someone something from Louis Vuitton (far from it).

5. Gifts must be postmarked by the 21st of each month and you MUST notify the RAOK admin (me) that you have sent it out. If you are sending outside of your country you must send the gift by 15th of each month.

6. When you receive a gift you MUST post photos within 3 days of receipt. If you can't post it within the first 24 hours please at least post on the thread "Hey, I got my gift, photos will be up tomorrow"!

7. People who break the above rules will be replaced by an Angel. It's a real PITA for me and for others...so please don't sign up if you don't think you can follow. Participating just to get free gifts is lame. I understand that sometimes life happens....but keep this in mind when you decide whether or not to sign up.

Angel System:

An Angel system is always in place to ensure that people receive gifts! Angels are basically just members of the RAOK who volunteer to send small gifts to someone. You can volunteer to be on the Angel list, but you are never required to send a gift. I just like to have a backup list of people to call on!

Other Stuff:

Sometimes people like to truly spread some RAOK around. If there is someone aside from your buddy that you'd like to send gifts to, please let me know in a PM and I will get their address for you! Nothing like brightening up someone's day when they aren't expecting it!

Please remember that this is a Random Acts of Kindness...therefore it is the thought that counts!!! I'd rather get a thoughtful inexpensive gift where the buddy has obviously gone through the time to find out about me, then a box full of useless expensive things.

How to Sign Up:

Please PM me (twiggers) the following information:

Please put: Louis Vuitton RAOK in the subject line!

First Name
    Last Name
    Email
    Shipping Preference (USA-only, USA & Canada, Europe, etc.)
    Whether or not you will be an Angel

You should receive an official Elfster invite within 1-2 days if you have been accepted. Please add santa@elfster.com to your safe email list.

2. Could a mod please sticky this????

Also....I just wanted to add that although I won't be participating in this RAOK (see my siggie for the reasons why LOL)....I will be as active as if I were !!

3. BUmp......I'll PM a mod to sticky this so everyone can see it and not miss sign-ups!

4. :smile: 1st! And thanks Naomi again. ;D

5. me second, lol. PMing! :yahoo:

6. LOL!!!! So glad to see some familiar faces :smile:

7. Wow, I'd really like to join (had to skip on the Valentine's one b/c I am too new)...I only meet one of the requirements, though:sad:

8. I am a little confused. What does Balenciaga subforum have to do with it?

9. Haha. She just happened to cut and paste the formate. It's supposed to be Louis Vuitton. :smile: Twiggers oraganise many RAOK in tpf.. thats why.

10. DOH! I did goof up....it is meant to say Louis Vuitton...I was just cutting and pasting LOL

11. o.k. I got it.

12. WOW...where is everyone! It's so quiet in here.....

13. Yap. Same goes for my Vday RAOK. ;( But WE WILL ENJOY yourself!!! :biggrin:

14. LOL.....I guess so....I'm missing the usual suspects who are usually so active in posting :smile: Maybe they'll all come on board a little late!

15. So glad this is back! Woo hoo!