Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see that knot -- I've heard it's gorgeous! Seems like a perfect wedding bag!

It is tres gorgeous but very, very heavy. I tried it at the Natick Collection boutique a couple of weeks ago when I was in Boston for biz. It would be the most gorgeous wedding bag. Go for it....

Yes, I have the Oro Metal Knot sitting here waiting for me to make a decision..I need to decided..the clock is ticking!!!!

i think if the weight doesn't bother you, this knot is gorgeous (i have one). if you're having doubts, have you considered the one with the rings in gainsborough, the metal lace overlay, satin plaster, stone/plaster velvet, or a croc knot :graucho:

It is alittle heavy, that really didn't bother me a lot..the lining is very light and a little concern..I am very very careful with my bags, and of course don't carry much in a knot, but that has worried me a little..My dress is a 100 year old piece of lace with some petite point stitching on it ever once in a while..so I am still considering carrying a vintage bag..The Groom's Mother is not carrying a bag, but SHE doesn't know me well enough to know that is NOT even a consideration..lol..DD's wedding is very vintage, so I am just not sure...Can't wait to show you pics of her flowers (when we get pics)...the florist is running pieces of lace all thru the bouquets..I can't wait to see that..I need to make a decision this coming week, because the following week is the wedding and it will be crazy busy..Thanks, for all your help and encouragement.

It is alittle heavy, that really didn't bother me a lot..the lining is very light and a little concern..I am very very careful with my bags, and of course don't carry much in a knot, but that has worried me a little..My dress is a 100 year old piece of lace with some petite point stitching on it ever once in a while..so I am still considering carrying a vintage bag..The Groom's Mother is not carrying a bag, but SHE doesn't know me well enough to know that is NOT even a consideration..lol..DD's wedding is very vintage, so I am just not sure...Can't wait to show you pics of her flowers (when we get pics)...the florist is running pieces of lace all thru the bouquets..I can't wait to see that..I need to make a decision this coming week, because the following week is the wedding and it will be crazy busy..Thanks, for all your help and encouragement.

:lol:

i think if the weight doesn't bother you, this knot is gorgeous (i have one). if you're having doubts, have you considered the one with the rings in gainsborough, the metal lace overlay, satin plaster, stone/plaster velvet, or a croc knot :graucho:

I tried the knots with rings when I was in Chicago. I wasn't attracted to it in pictures, but URL it is gorgeous!! (my favorite is shadow!) If I didn't have a little something in the works I would have come with one .

can't wait to see pictures

I tried the knots with rings when I was in Chicago. I wasn't attracted to it in pictures, but URL it is gorgeous!! (my favorite is shadow!) If I didn't have a little something in the works I would have come with one .

but sbelle, you usually have something in the works ;)

Grandmommie - metal mesh is quite vintage. Whiting & Davis started doing small handbags in 1912. Speaking as an owner of the sterling enameled Pepe Knot, the weight would not much bother me. As long as the knot is smooth and cannot catch on your dress, you have a winner!

Congrats on the new grandbaby.

I love Phelps. But I think its a parody. I only heard about it as Phelps was talking about it.

What are grills?

Grills are these metal things he wears on his teeth - I think he has them with diamonds and some red white and blue. Think hip hop or rappers from years ago??? They are terrible! He looks like the character from that James Bond movie with metal teeth!

And I did figure it was a parody! ;)

How much are you actually going to really carry it at the wedding
most likely once you have dinner it will be put on the table and sit there until you are ready to leave
so does the weight really matter?
the lining is light because the bag is so heavy
it's not like you are going to be packin' a pistol with a bayonet on it
I think if you love the bag you should get it

Status
Not open for further replies.