Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister and I are thinking about meeting up in Chicago sometime soon. Any one have a favorite hotel? Preferably near BV. ;)

Another vote for the Allerton- the Miracle Mile Marriott is nice too. The SA at the Chicago BV are amazing.

Jburgh- I got bit by bedbugs on an international flight. We landed- I went to a mall and threw out all my clothing. I didn't want to chance bringing them home

my son just threw out his sofa because it had bedbugs
he lives in the city there is no telling what they track into the house
my DIL kept getting bit my son thought she was crazy
for some reason they don't bite everyone
I remember that when I was single and moved from one apt to another
I rented a truck
then I had to throw my bed out because I was getting bit every night
the truck had bedbugs
lucky me :crybaby:

your son was probably getting bitten but he is not allergic/sensitive to the bedbug the way your DIL is.

It was wonderful - and so was my second.

I was wondering how you first days went as well. I am glad to read it is in fact going well.

I am on a train home from two very productive days in Kern and Fresno Counties. My clients there are just wonderful and while we worked hard we also had lots of fun. I think I'll join you India in a long sleep on Friday night.

There are lots of good choices, big variety in prices. If you want to be more north, near Water Tower Place and Oak Street (lots of designer boutiques, incl BV) there is the Hilton, Rafaello, or the Drake. I usually stay a few blocks more south at the Allerton in good weather so I can venture into the downtown area as well as the gold coast.

It really depends on how much you want to spend, and do not forget to check this place too: http://bedbugregistry.com/
Hi jburgh, thanks for the bedbug registry link. I did not know such a thing exists. I hate bed bugs. I am allergic to them and I got it once a year every time I came home from Yosemite.

I just checked...It's so true..The hotel that I stayed at Yosemite is listed in the registry. Too bad..it's a 5 star hotel

Last edited:
Good morning everybody! Got my first three days under my belt, and it feels good! Next week I get to experience a different area for five days and at a different time... sigh. Only thing I'm not happy about is I'll miss the opening Olympics night ... maybe...

Raining this morning ... hope it quits before our planned outing to the Highland Fest ... I'm looking forward to a corn dog!!!

ETA: Reading more about the horrible shooting in Aurora... very very sad. We were catching bits and pieces of the news yesterday ... just devastating, on so many levels...

Last edited:
Hi jburgh, thanks for the bedbug registry link. I did not know such a thing exists. I hate bed bugs. I am allergic to them and I got it once a year every time I came home from Yosemite.

I just checked...It's so true..The hotel that I stayed at Yosemite is listed in the registry. Too bad..it's a 5 star hotel

That's the thing - bedbugs are everywhere and do not discriminate between 5 star hotels and filthy dumps. You can only hope that management takes reports seriously and calls in an exterminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.