Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Celeb thread
See? It goes to show you; any nero BV goes, on a night on the town. I saw Jennifer Gartner wearing her black tote during the day with a plaid shirt and jeans and she was wearing the tote cross-body, running errands (in the celeb forum) and now hasn't changed her bag to go out for dinner with hubby. The sheen on the black makes it completely acceptable and gorgeous! :okay:

I love that bag, it looks great on her.

Hi Ladies! I had a nice BVette send me a PM because I hadnt been on here, so I thought I would stop in and say hi!
Its MISERABLE in Alabama right now. Just got out of the pool and couldnt even enjoy it today. It was 104 at NOON!!! I know lots of you are burning up too!
Is Grandmommie a new mother in law yet?
And how has everyone been?

Yeah, Sentinel does not get ticks. It has the same heartworm medicine that Interceptor has, but then adds anti-flea.

We do not have heartworm in our part of the country, so heartworm preventative is not needed. We worm once per year for the other crawlies just as a precaution. But flea and tick is a must. Equine erlichiosis is tick borne and out here and in your area, it kills dogs as well as horses.

You might want to ask your vet about tick prevention.
Thanks J...wonder why my vet recommended it? I will definately ask.

wow we had such storms where I live
70 mph winds rain
I didn't have power for 2 days
almost every house had power restored yesterday
all but 13 houses
yes I was one of the lucky ones
just when we packed up the freezer and hauled the stuff to a friends house
a half hour later the power came back on

wow we had such storms where I live
70 mph winds rain
I didn't have power for 2 days
almost every house had power restored yesterday
all but 13 houses
yes I was one of the lucky ones
just when we packed up the freezer and hauled the stuff to a friends house
a half hour later the power came back on

We haven't had power since Friday night. Slept in my son's guest room last night...and probably tonight, unless it comes back on. We're going out to dinner with friends, and will check the house after. We didn't think ahead to empty out the freezer...so it will be a total loss. It's not too packed, so it's not a big deal.

But...we just want to go home!

Bisbee, we were so lucky. All of Greenspring Station, which is a half mile away, is out, all the traffic lights on Falls Road are out. What a nightmare rush hour will be in the morning. My friend in Columbia still doesn't have power. According to the news, 300,000 are still out and may be for most of next week. And the heat isn't going anywhere.

we were lucky that we have a 25 lb turkey in the freezer
it kept everything else cold for at least 24 hrs
the turkey was not and is not defrosted
we only had some chicken that defrosted and we cooked it and ate for dinner
there are trees down everywhere
power lines down
a friend of mine who lives about 45 minutes west of me had 2 trees crash through her roof
I think being hot and sweaty was worth it
the tree outside our house lost a big branch but it fell in the street not near our house :smile:

We haven't had power since Friday night. Slept in my son's guest room last night...and probably tonight, unless it comes back on. We're going out to dinner with friends, and will check the house after. We didn't think ahead to empty out the freezer...so it will be a total loss. It's not too packed, so it's not a big deal.

But...we just want to go home!

Hi mdlcal28! Sounds like everyone except the west coast is having crazy and unbearably hot weather.

We have been OK here. I have a new 4 legged nephew named Flip. He is a Havanese puppy and adorable.

I think being hot and sweaty was worth it
the tree outside our house lost a big branch but it fell in the street not near our house :smile:

I agree - we were just talking about it. And we are at my son and DIL's again. I even brought a brisket over that had thawed in the freezer, but was still cold - they are making it for dinner tomorrow!

It could be much, much worse!

I am changing Wicky's name to Leroy Brown
she got out again today
I went to get the mail and didn't even feel or see her scoot past me
but I did see her butt running across the street
(this dog is lucky that whenever she runs in the street no cars are coming)
she ran to the next street when I got there she was standing on what I will determine as my side of the street and she was barking at a man walking a dog on the other side of the street (funny how she knew not to cross the street to directly confront that pitbull)
so she saw me coming and she wanted to run she really did and she did run a little :doggie: BUT being that gossipy big mouth b_ _ _ h that she is SHE HAD TO STOP AND BARK
so I pounced and got her
of course I didn't have the leash because I took off after her and was wearing these rain boots because I was barefoot going to get the mail
I had to carry her and she is no easy load
23 lbs of hot squirming fur
Leroy Brown baddest dog in whole darn town :doggie::nono:

SS, I just love how you tell stories about your little Wicky!!! Reminds me of the movie, "Marly and Me". My little love of my life is having a hard time walking in this heat. She is walking like Tim Conway on The Carol Burnett show. She's aging rapidly and all I can do is kiss her up. These animals really bring a lot of love! :love:

I am changing Wicky's name to Leroy Brown
she got out again today
Leroy Brown baddest dog in whole darn town :doggie::nono:
SS, I love your Wicky dog stories. I have that song stuck in my head, too, but with a smile on my face.

I sure hope our east Coast friends get their power back soon and the weather cools down. I'm off to Boston next Tuesday for a week long biz trip / conference.

she is such a bad doggie
and when we were getting her I had such high hopes for her
there are no bad dogs only bad owners
I wanted wicky to be a therapy dog but they won't take her because she barks too much
ole leroy brown has too much to say

on another note I finally got all my BV stuff together except for 1 or 2 things and took a picture
my small collection is in my avatar now
as you can see even though it took a long time to break the shoes in, mine are quite worn and need refurbishing
one pair had kitten heels on them and I had them cut down because I used to slip with the kitten heels
my loafers are a mess
I am hard on shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.