Official Balenciaga Spring RAOK

1. Well ladies and gents it is that time again! YES...it's RAOK time baby!!!! Below are all of the rules, instructions, and information you will need :smile:

What: Balenciaga Spring RAOK stands for Random Acts of Kindness. Basically it is a gift exchange among active members of the Balenciaga subforum, with the goal of injecting a bit of happiness into someone else's life!

Signups: Signups take place from 1/28 - 2/10. No exceptions.

RAOK Length: I have decided to make this RAOK 3 months long. Therefore the RAOK officially goes from 3/1 - 5/30.

Qualifications:
    1. Members MUST be an active participant on the Purse Forum, and more specifically active within the Balenciaga subforum.

2. Members should have at least 2 of the following 3 requirements: (1) 500 posts; (2) more than 1 post per day; (3) member for at least 3 months

3. All participants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

4. Members who flaked out on previous RAOKs or who didn't follow rules are asked not to apply.

RAOK Rules:

1. Upon signing up and gaining approval for the RAOK you will receive an invitation via email for Elfster. You MUST accept the invitation and sign-up with Elfster to participate.

2. Upon signing up for Elfster you will need to utilize the wishlist feature. In addition, you will also add your mailing address. You mailing address will ONLY be visible to your buddy, no one else can see it!!!

3. On or before 2/15 you will be assigned a buddy in a country of your choice. Your buddy may or may not (due to a weird quirk in Elfster) be the same person you are sending to.

4. You are required to send THREE gifts/packages to your assigned buddy. One gift in March, April and May. Each gift must be valued at $50 or LESS. You will be allowed ONE exception to this rule (i.e. you can spend more than $50 only ONE time).

4 1/2. Theme gifts are the funnest. Keeping in the spirit of this being the Balenciaga forum, please try to decorate/incorporate a Balenciaga (or general handbag) theme. This does NOT mean you need to send someone something from Balenciaga (far from it).

5. Gifts must be postmarked by the 21st of each month and you MUST notify the RAOK admin (me) that you have sent it out. If you are sending outside of your country you must send the gift by 15th of each month.

6. When you receive a gift you MUST post photos within 3 days of receipt. If you can't post it within the first 24 hours please at least post on the thread "Hey, I got my gift, photos will be up tomorrow"!

7. People who break the above rules will be replaced by an Angel. It's a real PITA for me and for others...so please don't sign up if you don't think you can follow. Participating just to get free gifts is lame. I understand that sometimes life happens....but keep this in mind when you decide whether or not to sign up.

Angel System:

An Angel system is always in place to ensure that people receive gifts! Angels are basically just members of the RAOK who volunteer to send small gifts to someone. You can volunteer to be on the Angel list, but you are never required to send a gift. I just like to have a backup list of people to call on!

Other Stuff:

Sometimes people like to truly spread some RAOK around. If there is someone aside from your buddy that you'd like to send gifts to, please let me know in a PM and I will get their address for you! Nothing like brightening up someone's day when they aren't expecting it!

Please remember that this is a Random Acts of Kindness...therefore it is the thought that counts!!! I'd rather get a thoughtful inexpensive gift where the buddy has obviously gone through the time to find out about me, then a box full of useless expensive things.

How to Sign Up:

Please PM me (twiggers) the following information:

Please put "Balenciaga RAOK" in the subject line!

First Name
    Last Name
    Email
    Shipping Preference (USA-only, USA & Canada, Europe, etc.)

You should receive an official Elfster invite within 1-2 days if you have been accepted. Please add santa@elfster.com to your safe email list.

2. COuld a mod please sticky this!!!!

And I just wanted to add that I won't be able to participate in this one (see siggies for reason why LOL)....but I'll be as active as if I were!

3. Where is everyone....???....LOL It's so quiet in this thread right now!

4. ^Last time RAOK was such a blast! I hope to participate...but still need to figure out if I'll be able to or not. So who's in this time around? If anyone's on the fence about it, I think every active tPF should at least try it out once! It really is a wonderful experience to be able to give and be thoughtful and to receive some kindness and encouragement from another.

5. I'm in =). Wouldn't miss it for the world, although I've been trying to stay away from the Bal Sub Forum....just in an effort to save money! LOL

6. Yep, know what you mean Kim.

I also don't know if I can commit to 3 months, need to sit down and work out dates.

7. I'd love to join in but I'm at college, and there's a four week gap where I'm on Easter break - will that affect this? If it does, I wont join! The dates for Easter break are 20th march til 18th April. :sad:

8. I am in..

:yahoo:

Just signed up yesterday, and still slowly figuring how to use the elfster :shame:

9. It might....but you can communicate to your buddy your vacation dates....the big thing would be you sending your gifts out on time :smile:

10. I'm in! This will be my first RAOK! I'm excited and can't wait to start shopping!

11. count me in too - looking forward to it!

12. I want to participate....but I only come to the Balenciaga threads to oogle everyone's gorgeous bags...hehe :love: But I'll be watching for your reveals!!

13. I'm in and this would also be my first RAOK. Looking forward to it!

14. Keep 'em coming everyone!!
    The merrier the better! :nuts:

15. Hello again Twiggers, I am not certain that I yet qualify in any way..I read the forum more than twice per day !! but do not always have anything to post that would add to the ongoing threads..however, even if not ROAK material yet I am willing to send gifts as an Angel and one of these times I will qualify as a RAOKer.