Scarves Ode to Paperoles

I think price is so hard to tell. The time it spends on the market does tell you what other buyers think about the price as well...Good luck! I hope you find one at a reasonable price for you and soon!!:flowers:

Yes, I think you are right. I will continue watching, it will be interesting at any rate. My H scarf knowledge is not as deep as many longtime fans, so judging what is a reasonable or high price on the resale market is not always easy! I'm glad for this forum :smile:

Reactions: Julide
Resurrecting a long-dormant thread... but I just saw the green shawl on Poupi! Anyone willing to give me their two cents? Wondering if it's a reasonable price to pay for something so rare. How much have other green shawls sold for in the past? Couldn't find much intel... :'(
HI! I think you have gotten some good advice here. This particular cw was a MAJOR grail for many here about 5 years ago. At that time, I think NWT reached a high of about $1800 for $2K. It was impossible to find. It seem that now the market has cooled or seekers have moved on to their next grail. @Julide gave you great advice. Figure out how much you want it, what you are willing to pay and how much your time is worth (searching and yearning and obsessing can be very time consuming....I KNOW:biggrin:). That said, it is a beautiful cw and funny enough, I just wore mine last week and received MANY compliments. The turquoise looks so pretty with the grass green!

Let us know when one is yours!

HI! I think you have gotten some good advice here. This particular cw was a MAJOR grail for many here about 5 years ago. At that time, I think NWT reached a high of about $1800 for $2K. It was impossible to find. It seem that now the market has cooled or seekers have moved on to their next grail. @Julide gave you great advice. Figure out how much you want it, what you are willing to pay and how much your time is worth (searching and yearning and obsessing can be very time consuming....I KNOW:biggrin:). That said, it is a beautiful cw and funny enough, I just wore mine last week and received MANY compliments. The turquoise looks so pretty with the grass green!

Let us know when one is yours!

Mmm thank you for the insight hopiko!! Lucky you for owning this shawl! :smile: Don't let it go! You are right, I am trying to be more prudent as I tend to be prone to impulse purchases. Many a purchase I've made where I've ended up rather regretting the price paid, though perhaps not necessarily the item itself... I don't think that really makes logic, but it makes sense in my head!

It's interesting and curious how demand for grails/hot items can ebb and flow, and it's not just for H items. I saw this green shawl had sold for $600ish on eBay back in January, though I don't know if it was authentic. But if it was in the promised condition, and if it was authentic, that was a craaazy good deal. Heck, it would be a nice price for any CSGM on the resale market.

I'm guessing Samourai is probably the hottest "grail" currently?

I'm so grateful for all the kindly advice given here and I'm optimistic I will find one someday. When I do, I shall certainly update my quest with photos here! :smile:

Mmm thank you for the insight hopiko!! Lucky you for owning this shawl! :smile: Don't let it go! You are right, I am trying to be more prudent as I tend to be prone to impulse purchases. Many a purchase I've made where I've ended up rather regretting the price paid, though perhaps not necessarily the item itself... I don't think that really makes logic, but it makes sense in my head!

It's interesting and curious how demand for grails/hot items can ebb and flow, and it's not just for H items. I saw this green shawl had sold for $600ish on eBay back in January, though I don't know if it was authentic. But if it was in the promised condition, and if it was authentic, that was a craaazy good deal. Heck, it would be a nice price for any CSGM on the resale market.

I'm guessing Samourai is probably the hottest "grail" currently?

I'm so grateful for all the kindly advice given here and I'm optimistic I will find one someday. When I do, I shall certainly update my quest with photos here! :smile:
I echo Julide and hopiko in knowing your limits, exerting patience and a recognizing that a bit of serendipity helps too. I managed to find the vert anis CSGM about a year from Fashionphile for $800. I almost fell over when I saw it and couldn't get my credit card out fast enough! It was in great condition, some pilling and a very small run or two. I think we all have our cut-off point for grails and how much we are willing to pay. I myself have succumbed to paying over retail for Ex Libris en Kimonos CSGMs, but thankfully not 2X retail!!!! Good luck, the vert Paperoles is a stunner.

I promised I would post photos if I got a green Paperoles, and I got one! I ended up buying one brand new with tags from a fellow scarf lover, at a price I was comfortable with. It has a couple of minor issues (fully disclosed prior to sale), but there were no snags or runs, and it was in unworn, new condition. I was delighted with it when it arrived. Soooo in love! It's such a beauty.

I want to thank everyone who so kindly gave me their invaluable input @BBC @hopiko @Julide @Sickgrl13 And of course, all the people posted and uploaded pics in this thread (a long time ago, lol)
P4107391.jpg P4107396.jpg P4107402.jpg P4107407.jpg P4107411.jpg P4107415.jpg P4107417.jpg

I promised I would post photos if I got a green Paperoles, and I got one! I ended up buying one brand new with tags from a fellow scarf lover, at a price I was comfortable with. It has a couple of minor issues (fully disclosed prior to sale), but there were no snags or runs, and it was in unworn, new condition. I was delighted with it when it arrived. Soooo in love! It's such a beauty.

I want to thank everyone who so kindly gave me their invaluable input @BBC @hopiko @Julide @Sickgrl13 And of course, all the people posted and uploaded pics in this thread (a long time ago, lol)
View attachment 4033790 View attachment 4033791 View attachment 4033792 View attachment 4033793 View attachment 4033794 View attachment 4033795 View attachment 4033796
Congratulations! It is a very special shawl! I am so happy for you. Enjoy it!

View attachment 4033790 View attachment 4033791 View attachment 4033792 View attachment 4033793 View attachment 4033794 View attachment 4033795 View attachment 4033796
You got one!!!:happydance:Many congrats!! How wonderful!!! Enjoy!!:flowers:

Congrats!!! Some scarves are soooo worth the wait. Wear in the best of health. This one never fails to brighten my mood.

Congratulations! It is a very special shawl! I am so happy for you. Enjoy it!
Aww thank you for your sweet words hopiko! :smile:

You got one!!!:happydance:Many congrats!! How wonderful!!! Enjoy!!:flowers:
Thank you so much Julide! Now I must figure out what to wear it with! :biggrin:

Congrats!!! Some scarves are soooo worth the wait. Wear in the best of health. This one never fails to brighten my mood.
Oh yes I absolutely love the colors! Don't have anything like it, so it makes me quite happy to see this pop of green in my pile of shawls.

Oh yay yay yaaaay you got one!!! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: saranga

Congrats saranga, so great you found a almost new one! Love this design, lets hope they will reissue it as a csgm soon. I have the blue one looooove it but if a green one comes up i will jump on it too, enjoy yours!

Reactions: saranga
Congrats saranga, so great you found a almost new one! Love this design, lets hope they will reissue it as a csgm soon. I have the blue one looooove it but if a green one comes up i will jump on it too, enjoy yours!

I'm sure your blue is very beautiful! I am a blue lover. I'm afraid I'm after this same shawl in the ivory now. No end to greed... I hope that Paperoles 90 last year means a shawl is coming up again too.

I saw this same shawl listed on The Real Real (I think) last week for $995 USD- but it was gone very quickly! It was blink or you miss it. So it does seem to pop up now and then, you just have to stalk diligently! Lol I'm sure you will be lucky!