Ode to Jag and LaVan...The Girls I Knew Before

1. I think there is a song title here...but the lyrics escape me now... "To all the girls I loved before"...or something like that..."girls" here will refer to PF "friends" and current/former handbags...

So...the rest of the story...

Once upon a time, SoCal played with Hermes...she later sold her birkin, trim, and kelly and decided to have "fun bags" for a while...

She started what later became a Balenciaga binge (where she "met" LaVan at TFS)...her first b-bag was a black city (she still has this one)...

She "tried out" Chloe...she adored her black pocket paddington for a time (think this may be where she "met" Jag...ET, I think we "met" here as well)...while she likes Chloe on others, she has since determined that Chloe is not for her...

She "tried out" the Chanel reissue (Kou, were you once a Chanel girl?)...no, too "flat"...

She had a brief affair with the YSL muse...

Well, there were more...you get the picture...

Some love affairs were "lasting"...that LV Cabas Mezzo is still the best bag for work...the black city comes out of the closet from time to time...her black and chocolate JC Ramona bags are great in both rain and shine and likely to be used again in fall...and the large LV Damier bucket purchased yesterday has potential...

But...every once in a while she misses her black Birkin...

SoCal was in Hermes a couple of months ago and her favorite SA says to just let her know when she is ready...well...the time is now...gulp...

Cancel pre-orders for Balenciaga rouge city and black part-time bags...return the Dior Rebelle hobo (What was she thinking?)...no, she does not need another Ramona...(It is both amusing and scary how easy it is to "re-align" the bag budget when focused)...whew, what a relief...she is so excited to be back "on the list" and looking forward to (eventual...when it comes in) receipt of a new black Birkin...

SoCal is now feeling so balanced, so zen, yin and yang in proportion (she returned from China recently)...a few "fun" bags and a gorgeous "classic" to come...life is good...

(Wow, a long introduction...hoping I can "play" with you all in the Hermes subforum :flowers: )

2. Welcome (back)! Loved your post! :flowers:

3. Yay SoCal! I learnt a lot from you and your Balenciaga collection! You have so many it's incredible. I hope you had a blast in China!

Do you know when will you get your black Birkin! What colors did you have before for your Trim, Kelly and Birkin?

4. Thank you! Well, actually, I had (must indicate past tense here) so many b-bags... :shame:

Went to China for work, but did manage to squeeze in some "fun" time. ;)

Trim was also black (my "standard") and the kelly was dark brown (so bad, forgot the name...I will pay more attention this time!). SA indicated the Birkin could arrive in late fall/early winter...

Congrats on your fabulous H collection!

5. Thank you, crochetbella!

6. You definitely can play with us! Can't wait!

7. OOOOOOOOOH SoCal - your story is mine almost exactly. If I was in "confession" mode like you always are, I would have written a similar saga. So thanks for doing it, so I didn't have to.:lol:

I've been trying to blend in here unobtrusively, so it seems odd for me to "welcome" you, but since it seems we're in the same boat and I know you from BH (aka before Hermes), I'll say hi too.

All the girls here are terrific. Have fun!

8. Hi SoCal!!! Welcome! :flowers:

You helped me work it out in my head when I was having a Balenciaga/Chloe "It" bag phase (they both went back to the store eventually :p )...so good to meet you here again!

9. Kellybag, Looking forward to play time on the board!

Style, How fun! Another BH and AH (or WFH...waiting for Hermes) friend! Can't decide if my "confessions" are a sign of good health or need for treatment...

FF, Nice to "meet" up with you again!

10. SoCal, congrats on your new quest. Please dont forget us, your Balenciaga gals!

11. Welcome aboard, SoCal!!! You're going to have TONS of fun here!!!

As for Chanel, I think it was a fling mostly. A one night stand. Ok, make that two-nights-stands but the first one didn't work out. My longest relationship was probably with LV and Fendi:nuts:

12. YEAH SOCAL!!!! I am so glad you came over to the dark side! It's dangerous, but so damn fun! Girl, this is going to be a hoot! That black birkin will be yours in no time!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

13. Welcome SoCal!! I loved your little ode and so glad you're able to get another black Birkin! We'll have a cyber party when it arrives!!

14. So you strayed for awhile ..... .no harm done .... welcome home!

15. SoCal - what a cute post! Love it! Can't wait til you get back your birkin!