Ode to Hermes shoes

We have 2 ode to H footwear threads, one is for SHOES only and the other for BOOTS only .

If your post is about BOOTS and NOT shoes, please post on the ode to boots thread here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...o-h-boots-thread.535045/page-47#post-32637422

If your post is about SHOES only, then post on this thread.

If if you have a reveal, comment, question about both please post about the SHOES on here and then go to https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...o-h-boots-thread.535045/page-47#post-32637422 and post about boots on there.

TY

ive just bought my first pair of Oran sandals. I just wondered since the sole is leather whether they need need re-soling with a rubber protective sole like Chanel ballerinas do
TIA

IMO, that is purely personal choice/preference. (I never found the need to with mine as the sole is thick, just monitor heel wearout after lots of wear - mine haven't worn out though.)

And hopefully they fit you snugly enough to stay on without risk of you walking out of them (out the back). Just keep in mind that with an entirely open shoe (as opposed to a ballerina) some rubber soles could possibly grip the ground surface in an undesirable way.

I was so excited when I found these! This is the Newark style, which is a cousin to the Kennedy flat loafer.

IMG_9715_zps393uifw5.jpg

IMG_9718_zpsf8io0zpi.jpg

IMG_9717_zpsabyddxee.jpg

Reactions: papertiger
Hi ladies. All the shoes here are lovely. I have some questions running in my mind about ordering online or just go straight to my local SA. Sometimes it's just really easier online. But will that make her disappointed if she sees me with something I did not order from her personally? Regarding her commissions also? Thank. TIA.

Hi ladies. All the shoes here are lovely. I have some questions running in my mind about ordering online or just go straight to my local SA. Sometimes it's just really easier online. But will that make her disappointed if she sees me with something I did not order from her personally? Regarding her commissions also? Thank. TIA.

This happened to me regarding my new Medor Picnic Bracelet ~ I REQUESTED it from my SA and wasn't sure that it would come in so when I saw it online I jumped on it and bought it. The first time ever that I did this.
Funny thing was that the online H department contacted my SA after I bought it, so she immediately knew that I procured it online. I felt badly about the entire transaction. :amazed:

ive just bought my first pair of Oran sandals. I just wondered since the sole is leather whether they need need re-soling with a rubber protective sole like Chanel ballerinas do
TIA

My cobbler re-soles all my shoes with a thin rubber sole that matches the bottom, finds this really helps with durability. Now I just have to do this to my two pairs of jumping boots. Forgot about them! :heart:

Hi annika08,
I actually have the dark blue suede (back is leather) and love them - super comfortable. I'm a 36.5 and went down to 36 in them, btw. Good luck on your choice!
Oh no. I picked 37 cause i didn't see half siza anyway. But i am usually 7 on sandals. but the Oran I got the 36.5 cause it felt wide and my toes might slip out as i wear them longer.
I would pick black ..goes with everything!
That's what i thought too :smile:) I cancelled the online order since it was the blue anyway and went ahead and called my SA.

This happened to me regarding my new Medor Picnic Bracelet ~ I REQUESTED it from my SA and wasn't sure that it would come in so when I saw it online I jumped on it and bought it. The first time ever that I did this.
Funny thing was that the online H department contacted my SA after I bought it, so she immediately knew that I procured it online. I felt badly about the entire transaction. :amazed:
OH no. That's bad. :sad: But hopefullly they should understand that sometimes it's easier online esp when it is available. Like the Liz cap i ordered. I actually called her for that but she said it's not available on her end, so I went online instead. But with the Ilana, i cancelled the online order which is the blue and changed my mind to black and ordered from her over the phone. She said there was only 2 in the US? I'm surprised.

Thank you ladies!