Obsessive Com. disorder in children????

1. Just wanted to ask if any Moms out there are dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with their kids? My young daughter age 7 has it. It started a few months ago with germs.....and she has been sick for almost a year with stomach problems which are finally diag. and under control. So just when I thought all was well the OCD started. She is on medication for her stomach which she will be off of in one month so then we can see about medication for the OCD and I am looking in to therapy for her. I ordered some books and tapes on OCD from Amazon.com. Just wondered if anyone else has dealt with this and if you have any advice?
    Thanks so much.

2. It may be a phase (they all go through the ritual stage of "I only eat yellow stuff", or "Jump on a crack break your grandma's back" type of thing ) but if you think not, better to seek therapy.

There was a little boy who was the son of a friend who developed OCD after a bereavement in the family. It vanished after medications.

3. Yes, OCD can develop in kids. Best to seek help asap -- it will be easier to treat.

4. I just wanted to say I hope everything turns out well for your daughter, I too have a 7 year old daughter.

5. I have a 8 month old baby girl and started to become a full blown germaphobe. I was wondering if this is heredity cause I don't want to pass it to my daughter.

6. Hi I have studied OCD for my M.Sc. I will help you in any way I can. What behaviour is she exhibiting?

7. Pm me if you like

8. Was good to hear from you, hope I was of some help let me know how you get on

9. What does your daughter do? Ask her why she does those things.

Like the others, I say find out if it is, in fact, OCD and then find someone that can help her.

(Obsessive-compulsive disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

(I did a paper about OCD in high school for a child psychology class. I remember reading that if the child is obsessed with keeping their hands clean, one treatment is to hold a knife handle covered in honey for a few minutes. That's a way of showing them that nothing bad is going to happen if their hand gets dirty and stays that way longer than they'd like.)

10. Yes they call that desensitisation it usually works!