Obagi users out there?

1. I just started the full Obagi system almost 2 weeks ago and i am currently going thru that red, peeling, skin-flaky, not-so-hot, etc. phase...........

My dermatologist did warn me about this and saidfor some people it could last for a month and others it could last for up to 3 months!!!! - i am just wondering how long it lastest for some of you?

Thanks in advance
  2. i'd like to know too. I've been thinking of trying them out but I heard Dr. Obagi doesn't take insurance for a consultation :sad:. I don't know if I am ready to fork over the $200 or so for a 30min consult and buy a butt load of products.
  3. My consult and all follow-up visits are free @ my dermatologist....i just had to lay out the $400 for the products.
  4. I've been using Obagi for 4 years now and love it. I only use the *clear*, *blender*, and the retin A though... I also use sunscreen in the am too. That's all I need. After a break from using it ( ie for pregnancy) and starting up agian... I don't even get red anymore. My skin just starts to peel lightly after 2 days of use. I have asian skin so I have to say it's not sensitive to alot of things.
  5. I have been using Obagi on and off for about 5 years and it's the best thing that I could have ever done for my complexion. I would recommend it to anyone! I went to dermatologists, took oral medicine for acne but nothing worked. I tried all sorts of pricey skincare including la prairie, SK II etc. I drink a ton of water daily, eat fruits and veges but my skin was still horrible. Obagi was a true lifesaver.

When I used the system in full initially, I used the retina A and exfoderm in small quantities so the peeling wouldn't be as evident. I stopped using it after about 1-2 years but my skin became horrible again. I recently started back up about two years ago and I'm so glad I did. It really is the best thing. Now I only use clear, sunfader and eyecream daily. I use Retina A + blender and action + exfoderm once a week especially if I'm breaking out. My mom uses Obagi too and she loves it as well. The first time I did purchase from a dermatologist but later when I did more research online, I found that there are much cheaper authorized sellers. DanielleNY I would recommend decreasing the dosage of Retina A and exfoderm if you want less redness/peeling but it will be a slow down the process. No matter what, the initial suffering is definitely worth it! I'm just so thankful to Obagi for having clear skin! :yahoo:
  6. I love Obagi for a while (I used it for at least a year) but I was SO SICK of the constant "every other week" my skin would look fantastic or peeling and scary. I did everything my doc recommended and it still would peel all the time, it just did not work for me.

I stopped using it about 6 months ago and I switched to SkinCeuticals. I also get a glycolic peel and a microdermabrasion every four to six weeks at my Plastic Surgeon's office. My skin is AMAZING now and I am glad I switched off of Obagi and onto a whole new regimine.
  7. i love Obagi !!!
    it is an amazing product and the reason why i have a clear beautiful skin !!!!