Obagi-Nu Derm System

Hi- I am very interested in trying this. Have you seen results in your skin's texture? Does it help with acne scarring or just pigmentation? Do you need to be under the care of a Derm to use this? Thanks!

Hi- I am very interested in trying this. Have you seen results in your skin's texture? Does it help with acne scarring or just pigmentation? Do you need to be under the care of a Derm to use this? Thanks!

I have only been on it since 11/5/13 and see no difference in my skin. It is suppose to make you break out the first few weeks and peel (your skin purging). I have a bit of breaking out on one side of my lower jaw. It is suppose fix/help with acne and pigmentation, not sure about acne scars. You can get it with out a prescription, but you need to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for a retin-a that you use with it. Some dermatologist sell the kit in their office, but you can get it online for cheaper. My derm sells the regular size kit, but told me to buy the travel kit online since I am only scheduled to use it for 6 weeks. I paid $150 for the travel kit.

Well, it's day 22 and still no difference :shrugs:. I am peeling a bit around my mouth, which is weird since I don't put any obagi or tretinoin near my mouth or eyes. No redness, no burning (very slight tightening of skin). No way am I going to see results by 12/18 (when I go back to derm).

I keep reading these reviews about people who see results in 1-2 weeks, yet I just don't see anything.

Day 24 and peeling has started all around my mouth and cheeks. Face was very sore last night. Also noticed this stuff gives you much unwanted hair :tdown:

Well, it's day 22 and still no difference :shrugs:. I am peeling a bit around my mouth, which is weird since I don't put any obagi or tretinoin near my mouth or eyes. No redness, no burning (very slight tightening of skin). No way am I going to see results by 12/18 (when I go back to derm).

I keep reading these reviews about people who see results in 1-2 weeks, yet I just don't see anything.

The reason you're peeling where you didn't put it is because once on your face it migrates a little. Especially when sleeping. At least that's what I was told.

Well I made it to 4 weeks. Besides the peeling/flaking I see no difference in my skin. I took pics on day one and my skin looks the same 4 weeks later (dark spots look the same). I am suppose to do this for 2 more weeks, but decided to give it a full 8 weeks.

This Obagi is so damn weird. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and I am suppose to go back to my derm. Well, yesterday I woke up to red, scaly, burning and painful face. It took exactly 6 weeks to start doing what others saw in 2 weeks. SMH. So, I rescheduled my doc appointment for another 3 weeks. Woke up this morning to even worst skin (thank god I am home on vacation until January).

Last night, I ran into my neighbor at the elevator and she commented on how clear my skin looks (mind you I was a red blotchy mess) and asked me what I was doing.

I guess I was not using enough prodouct the first few weeks, because merry christmas to me, I am seeing it now.

This Obagi is so damn weird. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and I am suppose to go back to my derm. Well, yesterday I woke up to red, scaly, burning and painful face. It took exactly 6 weeks to start doing what others saw in 2 weeks. SMH. So, I rescheduled my doc appointment for another 3 weeks. Woke up this morning to even worst skin (thank god I am home on vacation until January).

Last night, I ran into my neighbor at the elevator and she commented on how clear my skin looks (mind you I was a red blotchy mess) and asked me what I was doing.

I guess I was not using enough prodouct the first few weeks, because merry christmas to me, I am seeing it now.

Glad it's kicking in!

The system isn't necessarily weird, the product works differently for everyone.

1/5/14 will be 8 weeks since I started Obagi. Yes I see a slight difference, but nothing dramatic or life changing like people have claimed :shrugs:

Last edited: