O My Slingbacks or Simples?

Cristina

O.G.
Oct 23, 2005
I'm :lol: at the thought of putting myself on a ban. Fat chance.

I love the look of both the Simple Pump in camel, and the O My slingback in patent camel. Both go very well with my skin tone, which is medium to olive. Which one to choose? I don't have any slingbacks, which pushes me toward the O My. Also, the patent camel will look more like a nude patent on me. But, I love the "luggage" color of the Simple Pump, the comfort of the shoe (own the Simples in python) and favor the shape of this shoe more than the O My. Is it wrong to have more than one pair of Simples in your wardrobe?

Any advice/input would be appreciated. Thanks :shame:

0452541050752_275x275.jpg

0452599849667_275x275.jpg

If you favor the shape and love the color go ahead and get another pair of Simples.

I like the look of slingbacks but only own one pair in my whole wardrobe because they are less practicle - you can't really wear them in winter and I feel like they are not dressy enough for work. So I end up not buying them.

^ I agree with absolutely everything Kamilla said. I avoid slingbacks for the pain and the slippage.

I would go for the Simples! One can never have too many basic shoes :tup:

I personally think that you can't have too many simples!
They are a classic!

I just tried on a slingback today in a 40 which felt really comfortable and the heel was a perfect fit, however the strap at the back was loose!
I asked my SA to look into getting a 39.5 just because of the strap issue, but I'm not sure how the fit will be, I think it may end up being a bit tight on me.
For this simple reason, I may take a pass on the slingback.

I prefer simples.
I usually hate slingbacks because the strap is either too tight and digs into my heel or too loose and I end up adjusting it every few steps.

This does happen to me. I had a pair of white patent and cork slingbacks, and the strap always dug into my heel after a while.

Yeah, I think I will go for the Simples if I decide to make a purchase. I went to Saks today, but the camel was not available in my size. I tried on the dark brown, and they were too plain. I saw the photo of Angelina Jolie wearing the camel Simples, and I really like the way they look. I wear jeans a lot, and I can see myself wearing them with jeans more than the O My.

Though, the O My is available at Barneys in blue kid. Love that color! :nuts: