Nylon bags...are they worth the money?

1. What do you think about Chanel nylon bags? Are they a good investment? Are they durable enought for every day use? Are they overpriced in your opinion? Would you get one?

Thank you!
  2. I had bought a vinyl bag, but ended up returning it because I was afraid it was going to snag.
  3. I can't bring myself to buy high end nylon.
  4. I agree that it's not worth the money or something I would buy. If you are looking for nylon try LeSportsac or Longchamp. I think they offer stylish nylon that is not too overpriced.
  5. I once bought a nylon bag because I thought it might look better in the long run. Sometimes leather can fade and get scuffed... and the nylon is so beautiful when it's new.

After a year or two of heavy wear, I thought it looked horrible! It got shiny! That is much worse than faded or scuffed leather.
  6. ^Really? I have had mine for three years and they still look brand new.

I have three of them and haven't had any problems with them. I travel with them all the time. They still look great. I have even carried them in the rain and no problems.
    My aren't shiny at all. Weird. You should see if you return them or have them cleaned. I know Neiman's can clean mine if I bring it in.
  7. i want a pink one i saw at Saks, and the sa said the nylon was very durable.
  8. Nylon just does nothing for me...
  9. I think Nylon is overpriced ....IMO 1K for plastic is non sense !!!
    but I really NEED one !!!

And when you think about LV vinyl (1200€) or LV Toile damier/Monogram..or Goyard...
    well ...it can help to understand the price of the Chanel Vinyl Cabas better ;)...
  10. For a nylon bag, I like Prada - I have two, a Backpack and a shoulder bag
  11. here is a pic of my backpack

12. I have pradas, they are very durable. I used to use them a lot at school. They are very light and easy to maintain. That's why I like about them. If there's a Chanel laptop cover in nylon, I will consider buying it.
  13. Ditto. I just don't get why I should pay that much for it.
  14. i can't pay so much for nylon. i'd just go kate spade or prada for that.
  15. I will never pay big $ for nylon. It's just a waste.