NYC Sample Sale!

i just got home! it was crazy ... but expected

a woman carrying an rsvp list checked off our names, but they weren't too strict with that.

i wish i was able to get pics, but the spacing was limited and there were a lot of people.

venice satchels (black, naked, caramel) , venice hobos (naked, black, yellow, magenta, and ocean), lg howard st satchels (cement, espresso, black) were $295

trigger moto clutches were $125
trigger cosmetic cases (very cute btw) were $50

there were some great samples for $135 but they went quick! a lucky woman picked up a sample venice hobo in a beautiful turqouise-ish color.

bags there (from what i remember) aside from ones i mentioned:
james satchel
regular size howard st satchel
howard st crossbody
bowie satchel
bowie hobo
logan shopper
venice crossbody clutch
venice feed bag
harper satchel
dion satchel
noa satchel
noa tote
trigger clyde
addison satchel
tao convertible satchel
tao crossbody hobo
aiden messenger
aiden crossbody
aiden satchel

basically almost everything on the website right now.

i picked up a black venice satchel ... was deciding between the satchel and hobo and ultimately went with the satchel. with the dailycandy promo, it came out to around 250ish :wlae:.

i went with my 2 friends (sisters). one picked up a james satchel and the other a beautiful plum aiden satchel, and a sample addison satchel in taupe croc ($135!!)

Last edited:
here's my lovely venice satchel :love:

5lb42s.jpg

Here's my video review of the sample sale: http://******/9UjcPJ!!

Here are some pix:

Bags 2.jpg

Bags 3.jpg

Bags 4.jpg

Cloud - I asked for you. They said they want to but are not currently set up to do so. Maybe in the future...

Last edited:
It was fantastic. I got there at 5:05 and was about 10th in line. And the fantastic itzme was just two people behind me so we chatted until our friends arrived. She scored wonderful items that I'll let her share with you.

I was in search of a yellow bag or something with color and I got a yellow moto! Can't wait to take it for a whirl.

By the time 6pm arrived, the line was around the corner and was still like that when I left at 7:30. Thanks to the Daily Candy code, I saved $70 on my items. Woohoo.

For a while I was holding onto a sample green venice hobo, but it didn't really speak to me. Plus, the sample was $200 and the sample sale items were $295. It was just one of two green venice hobos at the sale.

There were amazing sample sized shoes at the sale for just $50 and $75. Oh, how I wish I could fit a size 37.

Creighbaby is such a sweetie and pleasant company that waiting in line for 50 minutes didn't feel like anything. I got to the sale about a little after 5:10 (because I had a slightly difficult time finding the entrance- it's on prince st!!). The line grew very quickly and wrapped around the block after 5:30. It is a smaller space, but equally packed with bags. It was chaotic but enjoyable because the people weren't hostile, as in previous SS.

Samples were snapped up in a heartbeat, but people were also putting things back. I'm so excited that I managed to meet my goal today by finding a tao satchel. I also bought a sample logan shopper tote in chocolate (one of the best chewy, luscious leather I've ever felt :love:) and some gorgeous cobalt snakeskin strapped wedges (the Sid).

It feels great creighbaby and I both walked out meeting our goals. Hoorah! :yahoo:

For those who are going tomorrow, they will have fresh batches of samples for you, so don't feel discouraged! Majorly, the prices are very reasonable, if not steals!

:goodpost:^^ Completely accurate!!!
The sample sale was packed!! I got there a little late at 6:30--towards the end of the line, but I managed to get my beauty, the Bowie satchel in camel. I also saw a girl with it in metallic gold something I hadn't seen before. Pretty much anything you could want that's on the website now is there. Wish I got there early enough to see some of the samples, but I'm not sure how happy I would be if i walked away with a cool sample not not my Bowie.

I'm pretty much a Botkier-devotee now. They've made me a believer in their styles, the great leather, the quality of workmanship and I love it's not completely mainstream. :greengrin:

I'll post pictures later...it's super late!

Here's my video review of the sample sale: http://******/9UjcPJ!!

Cloud - I asked for you. They said they want to but are not currently set up to do so. Maybe in the future...

Another great video meilikki! Makes me wish I could be there even more! There is a great selection and some really great prices! So what are you going to review for us next?

Thanks for asking...oh well I was keeping my fingers crossed that they would say yes...

I'm drooling over the pictures on FB. I've been dying for a magenta Howard street and I see them! Plus a logan in Moss (I think). What gorgeous bags. I wish I could have made it.

Congrats to the girls who went!