Notification Help???

I'll get a notification that I have new post quotes but when I click on it, it shows the quotes I have already read. There isn't a new one. However, I know I've been quoted because if I look around the forum, I'll usually find it.

And there's still no way to delete the old quotes, which is a big PITA. What's the sense of keeping them? Has anyone figured out how to get rid of them?

I keep getting quote notifications on my phone and when I go to the thread, I discover no ones quoted me. I had 10 quote notifications in the last 8 hours in one particular thread telling me that XYZ quoted me but I haven't been quoted there since yesterday afternoon. What's really annoying is that I turned off quote notifications! I hated it when you guys first started, and I still hate it! Its one of the most annoying features on tPF!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
+1

This happened to my PM and quote notification too!
I keep getting quote notifications on my phone and when I go to the thread, I discover no ones quoted me. I had 10 quote notifications in the last 8 hours in one particular thread telling me that XYZ quoted me but I haven't been quoted there since yesterday afternoon. What's really annoying is that I turned off quote notifications! I hated it when you guys first started, and I still hate it! Its one of the most annoying features on tPF!

Is the quote notification function going to be improved? This new format is sort of useless, I'm sorry to say. :sad: Can we go back to having the new post in our quote notification?

The notifications pushed through the app are different from the notifications on the full website. In order not to receive notifications on your iOS device, you need to turn them off in the Settings - Notification Center. :idea:

The notifications pushed through the app are different from the notifications on the full website. In order not to receive notifications on your iOS device, you need to turn them off in the Settings - Notification Center. :idea:

But that doesn't explain why I'm getting quote notifications when no ones quoted me

Can you message me a few of the links that the app notifies you about, please? A screenshot of your notifications panel of the app would help as well.

I don't have a screenshot. My phone chimes and a message pops up telling me I've been quoted. When I swipe to unlock my phone, the notifications go away. It seems to have stopped now, but when I posted this comment, I had gotten repeated notifications of someone quoting me in the Mansur Gavriel thread, but when I checked, no one had for almost 24hours (and I had already been in the thread & read the comments)

I'm getting notifications on my desktop and it just shows me quotes I've already read.

Can you message me a few of the links that the app notifies you about, please? A screenshot of your notifications panel of the app would help as well.

It happens to me too. I'll send you screen shots next time. My theory is that if you have unread quote notifications on the full site, you will continue to get the notifications over and over on your phone, despite the fact you have already checked the actual threads with the quotes. I could be wrong though..

I just had five notifications on my iPad (drop down from the top) telling me I was quoted in the last 4 min-Just Now (they moved too fast for me to screenshot them). Checked the threads mentioned to discover that not only had I not been quoted anytime within the last 4 minutes, no ones even posted there for over an hour. The users I had been told quoted me, did so yesterday.

How can I find my notifications if there are no new ones? I can see them if there is a new notification but I can't figure out where to find them. I just looked at them and clicked on one. Now I can't remember where the other quotes were and they went away when I clicked on one.

How can I find my notifications if there are no new ones? I can see them if there is a new notification but I can't figure out where to find them. I just looked at them and clicked on one. Now I can't remember where the other quotes were and they went away when I clicked on one.

Hi, there are links to your quotes list at the bottom of notification emails:

To see a full list of quotes, click here: http://forum.purseblog.com/usertag.php?do=profilenotif&tab=quotes

If you wish not to receive these emails, you may disable them here: http://forum.purseblog.com/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options