Not trying to be judgemental just curious - why men here?

Liberté;4304462 said:
I*ll try to give my reasons and the reasons I think may apply to others:

- Brand addicts (I think this makes up the largest number of male regulars). Many of the biggest boards here are NOT about purses, but about a certain brand. These brands of course sell a lot of purses, but also other things, more commonly related to males; luggage, shoes, clothes, watches etc.

- shopping for wives and similar

- Fashionistas

- Participate in the nice and relaxing atmosphere on tPF. There are a number of nice people and more or less un-purse-related topics here. It's a big forum and it leaves place for non-"pursers" to enjoy the dabets and the atmosphere. There are a LOT of other forums that lack this.

Slightly off-topic, but tPF was the first online forum I've ever participated in. Subsequently I began joining other forums for issues/topics I'm interested in, and was unpleasantly surprised to see how easily other posters jumped on each other, insulted each other, and just plain got mad at comments I thought had been misconstrued. Now I'm even more thankful for tPF and its members... I don't know if it's because it's mostly women or if because we all share a common slightly guilty humility at admitting our superficial obsessions :shame: but people are soooooooooooo quick to offer support here, and I think that's really special.

Slightly off-topic, but tPF was the first online forum I've ever participated in. Subsequently I began joining other forums for issues/topics I'm interested in, and was unpleasantly surprised to see how easily other posters jumped on each other, insulted each other, and just plain got mad at comments I thought had been misconstrued.
Haha, this has been my experience in other forums as well, and for me, it's a normal, homey atmosphere. At first I was annoyed when I joined tPF because everyone seemed so damn sensitive. Now I'm getting used to it.

Now I'm even more thankful for tPF and its members... I don't know if it's because it's mostly women or if because we all share a common slightly guilty humility at admitting our superficial obsessions :shame:
That's what I think it is. :smile:

Yes, why are there men here?
I would assume that the men here are...you know...lol.

...you know... what?

Anyway, I joined up, as you can tell, from my name, as I needed help on buying a handbag for mum, and then it kinda stopped, and then one day, I was looking for a present for my sister, and I stumbled across here, and i've kinda been using it, for advice and stuff :smile:
Thanks to certain tPFers, women seem to love my presents, lets just hope I get some decent advice on what I should get my GF for christmas :P
And because of this darn forum, i've starting caring more about the bags I use to cart stuff around in, damn my laptop bags ugly compared to some of the stuff i've seen on here. :biggrin:
Vivek

I think more guys should sign up. The other forum where I used to e-flirt with guys has closed down. & I can't flirt with guys until the summer time, DRATS.

Cause I have a gf, and I like to find nice stuff for her. I originally came here to authenticate some bags and sunglasses, then decided to stick around a bit. I mostly read in the fashion forums cause I don't have much to offer (obvs, I don't wear girls clothes or shoes), so those are my research forums. The off topic stuff I do participate in. Honestly, I think a lot of girls have a certain way of thinking when it comes to guys and I feel that's not always right. I try to offer a male perspective so that both sexes could understand each other a little better. On top of that...there are some really cool people here.
As far as how the gf feels...she kind of thinks all forums are a bit odd, but she's never had a job where most of her duties are automated meaning lots of free time in front of a computer. I have to do something all day, and over the years, you find interaction and fun things in forums like this. It being a purse forum isn't a big deal. I think she understands and knows it's for the reasons I've stated above.

And this is why I love Charles!!! I love his posts and the unique perspective that he brings to the boards...he is just a rock star!!!

Slightly off-topic, but tPF was the first online forum I've ever participated in. Subsequently I began joining other forums for issues/topics I'm interested in, and was unpleasantly surprised to see how easily other posters jumped on each other, insulted each other, and just plain got mad at comments..

I actually missed that about forums I used to frequent. Here, I feel I have to be on my best behaviour. Which is alright I guess, because it keeps me in check. But I do miss the times when I was able to lash out at complete idiots who deserved to be put in their place.

Cute thread. I think it's awesome to have guys on here too. It's nice to have their points of view on things. And it's awesome that you come on here to learn about stuff for your gf, Charles....hmmm...maybe DH should come one here...lol!!! I've tried to get him interested, but he just thinks I'm a little silly. I've been like, "seeee, there's a thread on the world series, and a general discussion forum, and it's not all purses," and he's like, :oh:

In fact come to think of it maybe we should have an "Ask Charles" thread. His advice and opinions are usually well thought out and objective with a male perspective thrown in. :roflmfao::roflmfao:
Brilliant!!! I second that. While (with all due respect) I don't always agree with Charles, I am always intrigued by and interested in what he has to say.

Well lets see... I came across tPF when I did a google search.. I was looking for a perfect purse for my sister.. I knew she loved LV so I was on the LV section for a while looking for a nice purse for her... So I got her a MC speedy 30... She loves it... I also used tPF the find a nice Hermes bag for my GF.. The ladies on the Hermes section were soo nice.. Then as I browsed tPF I found other sections on here.. that doesn't talk about bags.... Then i just got really addicted... I rarely ever spend time on the designer sections.. Mostly the GD and other playground discussions.. I felt the atmosphere here was mostly nice people.. Which i like... I also spend alot of time on watch forums and car forums but people on there can sometimes be really big *****es... Over here I feel like people are much nicer... I also like to give a male perspective on a issue...

I hope no one thinks just because a male goes on tPF, then he's homosexaul? LOL... And when I need a ladies perspective about something.. This is a perfect place to come.....

Its sooo funny because when i am at collage i try to avoid going on tPF cause it would seem funny to see a guy going on it... But since they changed the color i can go one more...LOL When it was bright pink before, i rarely went on..LMAO

<---- Im a guy and i love the forum. I work in the fashion industry and have a passion for designer things. I find that this is the nicest, most informative and largest fashion forum on the net. TFS, seems to large and detached, plus i would need and invite to get in and Im not the type to beg and please to get something (unless its worth it) Since joining i have meet a wonderful range of people universally and made plenty of friends that i otherwise wouldn't have. Its my most visited site and i love tPF!