Not spooky but it's annoying me ..

1. Have anyone of you had your furniture moves itself? I wish I know a better way to ask this without sounding really crazy.

A little background. My BF got this wooden table from a yardsale about a year and a half ago. I didn't really like it since the table is too low for my liking, too huge for our tiny studio apartment and too fancy for our minimalist decor. Another problem is that I kept on banging on its edges and bruised myself.

In other words, I hated it from first sight but DBF wanted to keep it. I gave in and we kept the wooden table and now it's sitting in our living room.

I've tried numerous times to reposition the table so it does not obstruct me when I move about. I've told my BF that I kept on bumping onto the edges and it hurts, causing bruises and tiny scratches. He said I am being clumsy.

Funny thing is, no matter how I reposition the table, it always manage to sort of *move?* to an angle in which I will bang against it! And after everytime I hit it, I will scream at it and kick it even harder!

I told my friend about this and she believe that I have in my apartment what she called a negative energy object. She thinks the wooden table is causing me to hurt myself, and even going out on *its* way of moving itself in order to have me bang against it!

I have never heard of such a thing, all this mumbo jumbo stuffs. But what explains all this strange happenings? I confronted my BF and he denied having ever move the table frm where I last placed it.

Am I being really crazy of believing this or is there another more rational explanation?

2. Here is what I would do:

Get some masking tape or a dry-erase maker and mark the floor where the legs should be when the table is where you want it. Make the marks so small you would't see them if you didn't know they were there. Do NOT tell anyone, especially your bf that you did this. Then see how much it moves. See if it moves when a certain person has been around it. I suspect your bf is moving it back to where he wants it.

3. ^^ Ah, Glamfoxx is a sly one, agree? Not a bad idea though to remove all doubt that the table has not taken on a life of its own.

4. Great idea Glamfoxx :tup: but then again if you bump into it are you also moving it as the same time :shrugs:

5. Wow. I have never heard of negative energy objects...it's interesting.

I think glamfoxx has a great idea!

Maybe you should start looking for a replacement table that fits into your decor and casually bring it up to BF.

6. Maybe you should just hit the table with a hammer to break the table and throw it out. I mean why keep something you hate???

7. Glamfoxx has a great idea! I wouldnt even think of it. When you move it to a better spot, are you moving it just a little bit or enough that your BF would notice that you moved it and might try to move it back?

8. This will be interesting to see how it all turns out!

9. Dear OP,

I think you should take some advice from The Olly Girls from that wonderful show Sunset Tan and Feng Shui your living room.

Or maybe.. just maybe the table can sense that you don't like it so it feels hurt and is mad at you? It could be sensing your hatred toward it?

10. tables are inanimate objects. they do not move by themselves. they cannot feel anything. they are not alive. I think we as human beings can easily project fears and suspicions on most anything. I think your BF is moving the table.

11. I think this is a great idea :tup: Try this and tell us how it turns out!!

12. You probably hurt the table's feelings. I suggest sitting down and apologizing for your comments. Tables like to be pet too, so rub it a few times for a calming effect. It also wouldn't hurt to offer it a bite of your food anytime you're eating next to it. It's the polite thing to do.

I'm sure after that it won't be moving in your way anymore.

13. "Not spooky" my ass! LOL! Get rid of the table. I know people who have purchased things at yard sales and then began to experience very strange occurrences. When they got rid of the item, the occurrences stopped.