Nose Stud

OMG healing.. i am a slow healer.. took me 6 months.. a sprain ankle takes me 3-4months to completely heal.. that nose stud was horrible.. every snag.. OUCH..

I still have it though. When and if i enter a serious work enviorment i may have to take it out or put a very very small stud there.

I've had my piercing for 7yrs now. It only got infected once, and that was due to a particularly bad cold that turned into a sinus infection. To let it heal, I didn't wear the anything for about 3months, it healed up superficially, but i just re-pierced with a 19guage needle & everything was okay. Since then even if i leave out the pin for 3-4days (I take it out when I work with a certain team) it doesn't close.

1. DO NOT play with it. just don't do it

2. use PLAIN dial soap, it's not to harsh, and gently cleans the area---do NOT use any of those antibacterial soaps.

3. when changing jewelry out, i soak mine in peroxide or drop it in boiling water.

4. you CAN get real jewelry, not the fake stuff. I get a lot of mine from the middle east, real 18K/21K gold w/ real gems. My fave is a cz in 21k gold though, it's flat enough that there isn't too much bling so most people don't notice it
If there's a desi area in your town, you can check out what selection they have

5. I prefer the screw backs or the ones that close similar to regular earrings. The L's are quite easy to pull out should they get caught on a sweater, your hair, towel. I don't like the barbels because I feel like the gauge is too small, but I also have several of those as well. I prefer the ones that lie flat against my nose as opposed to the one that are raised.
Whatever you do, do not buy the ones that corkscrew, they are a pain to put in, they never lie flat, always rotating, and even harder to get out.

6. I work in a very professional environment, and I leave mine in at work (except for when I rotate with a certain team)--looks better than the very obvious gaping hole in the side of my nose that is there when I take it out.

hope that helps

" 2. use PLAIN dial soap, it's not to harsh, and gently cleans the area---do NOT use any of those antibacterial soaps."

I use any soap and never had issues with it. I wash it as i wash my face. I also prefer CZ since the diamonds mainly used are poor quality. 14k with cz on ebay is about 10-15$.

" 1. DO NOT play with it. just don't do it"

Yes dont play with it until it FULLY heals.. I normally move mind around and make sure its not snagged to a dried booger because if i happen to snag it, it will really hurt trying to come out of the little hole with extra circumference with the booger on it. =P

" 2. use PLAIN dial soap, it's not to harsh, and gently cleans the area---do NOT use any of those antibacterial soaps."

I use any soap and never had issues with it. I wash it as i wash my face. I also prefer CZ since the diamonds mainly used are poor quality. 14k with cz on ebay is about 10-15$.
i just say that, b/c I usually use a scrub or something w/ bead-things for washing my face & before I used plain liquid dial soap, they'd get in there & irritate the site. Plus, I think antimicrobial soaps are bad news.:shame:

" 1. DO NOT play with it. just don't do it"

Yes dont play with it until it FULLY heals.. I normally move mind around and make sure its not snagged to a dried booger because if i happen to snag it, it will really hurt trying to come out of the little hole with extra circumference with the booger on it. =P
:roflmfao:once i used some tweezers to pick my nose, but mostly a little saline & q-tip. I never had such horrible boogers until I had my nose pierced, even when you blow your nose, some of it get stuck there.

i had a friend at work that would take hers out (when meeting with clients)...it looked like a big ugly pore when it didn't have a diamond in it.

i can't shake that image.

I agree that the L-back is more comfortable. Additionally, if you regularly change jewelry, the barbell style will stretch the hole everytime you do. Your first piercing will be bezel-set and it will probably be larger than what you want. It has to be to heal properly and so the stud doesn't get pulled through the hole accidentally. Once it is fully healed, you can either change it yourself or have it changed.

I changed mine to a prong-set TINY diamond. Prong set is not recommended because of risk of infection (and they are much harder to find), but once it is FULLY healed it is fine. Prong-set stones are smaller than bezel set, and I wanted it as tiny as possible.

Be aware that you cannot hide it or remove it for a number of months after you get it, so if you are worried about the reaction of others you might not be able to avoid them seeing it. I never remove mine (except to clean the jewelry), but I know plenty of women who do. They generally dab makeup on the hole to hide it (again, NOT recommended until it is fully, fully healed). But I say that if other people, especially family, cannot deal with your choices that ought to be too bad for them. I am sure dh's family doesn't agree with mine, but they know better than to say anything!

i just say that, b/c I usually use a scrub or something w/ bead-things for washing my face & before I used plain liquid dial soap, they'd get in there & irritate the site. Plus, I think antimicrobial soaps are bad news.:shame:

Yeah i never used those bead soaps but i see how that can annoy it. I enjoy that almond oatmeal bars =)

:roflmfao:once i used some tweezers to pick my nose, but mostly a little saline & q-tip. I never had such horrible boogers until I had my nose pierced, even when you blow your nose, some of it get stuck there.

I actually enjoy picking the boogers off my nose screw =) :wlae: