Non-Paying Bidder???

1. I sold a bag to a buyer on July 27th. On the 29th she emails me and tells me she's sending a money order and to send her my payment address. (She only responded after I politely emailed her to see when she would be sending the payment because I was going on vacation and wanted to hopefully ship the bag before I left) I didn't say anything about her being in Canada and that on my listing it specifically states that I only accept USPS money orders from U.S. buyers. So I email her back with the payment address and instructions to send a Canadian postal money order and to make sure it is in U.S. currency.

I haven't heard from the buyer as to if she actually sent the M.O. out, and I haven't received anything in the mail. I'm not sure how long it takes for regular mail to get to the U.S. from Canada. It's been 10 business days. I did send her a send a payment not received reminder today. How long should I wait to file a NPB? I want to give this buyer the benefit of the doubt, but she is also a 0 feedback'r. I did forget to make this listing 'immediate payment required', which of course I realized after she hit the BIN. I create all of my listings in Auctiva, which is not compatible with the immediate payment required option, so I have always have to go in and edit the listing after it's posted to My eBay. I sometimes forget to edit it, which is totally my fault. Anyway, any advice you ladies could provide would be wonderful.

Vicki :smile:
  2. Request her contact information from eBay.. get her phone # and call her. If you don't get a response from her... file an unpaid item dispute, that will give her 7 additional days to respond. If she doesn't you get a final value fee credit and can relist the item.
    Good luck, let us know what happens.

To get the buyer's contact info: go to advance search, on the left side under "search" click on "find contact information." You can request his/her phone # and eBay will email it to you.
  3. Thanks, I will do that. I've done that a few times before. I'm so mad at myself for not remembering to put the 'immediate payment required' on the listing.