Nomade Alma, should I?

deluxeduck said:
i love Nomade and i'd say go for the Alma. i think scratches and marks are normal - it gives them character. unless you're the type who buys the bag, uses it for a bit and then sell later. when i see other people treating their LV like it was made of eggshells i'd automatically think they can't afford it in the first place. i know this sounds very snooty of me... but think about it. it defeats the point of these bags being luxury items in the first place.

I agree, if you are spending that kind of money on a bag, use it!! If you are afraid to, you probably shouldn't be spending that kind of money on it in the first place.

If you (and your DH!) love the bag, I say get it :flowers:

:yes: ITA :flowers: Thanks everyone...I just needed some extra encouragement to know that's I'm not crazy to get it. :lol: I noticed from the pictures online that it has a clochette. I'd love to get it heatstamped with my initial. :love:

deluxeduck said:
i love Nomade and i'd say go for the Alma. i think scratches and marks are normal - it gives them character. unless you're the type who buys the bag, uses it for a bit and then sell later. when i see other people treating their LV like it was made of eggshells i'd automatically think they can't afford it in the first place. i know this sounds very snooty of me... but think about it. it defeats the point of these bags being luxury items in the first place.

You are totally correct - the scratches, scars whatever you want to call it, it is totally normal for this line.

I love the part where you say "it gives them character" because the scratches really do.

Did you know when we show you these bags we are suppose to wear gloves? Yeah, haha I totally forgot about that... I always freak out when someone wants to see this line. (I am always warning them to be extremely careful when handling the bag at the store.)

here's a (partial) photo of my mum's 4 y/o special order vvn Alma:

MamaLVGroup.jpg

i like how the patina isn't even - esp. the "smiley" face caused by the handles. and you can see some marks too. she uses it quite nonchalantly but with respect (she doesn't throw it around). she's taken it all over the world and was once even stalked around LAX by another lady who probably couldn't believe what she saw :P if the sight of this bag's condition scares anyone, then i'd suggest they stick to Mono, Damier or Epi :yes:

crochetbella said:
Thank you all so much. Deluxe, thanks for the picture! It's beautiful!

L, my SA was wearing gloves. :lol: I was super careful when I was holding it!:yes:

So, are these limited edition? :shrugs:

Oh good your SA was smart! We recently put the gloves directly in the drawer where the bags are displayed! But yeah give your SA a pat on his/her back...cause yeah... we are to wear gloves when handling that bag!

Oh I am so glad you were super careful with it! Even if it wasn't a Nomade bag, I still like when customers handle the bag with care you know?

(I freak when they like are rough with just a Suhali bag, I am like "MA'AM, THAT IS A $3450.00 BAG... PLEASE TREAT IT LIKE ONE.")

Oh yeah everything they are launching in Nomade this year is permanent collection! :smile:

deluxeduck said:
here's a (partial) photo of my mum's 4 y/o special order vvn Alma:

MamaLVGroup.jpg

i like how the patina isn't even - esp. the "smiley" face caused by the handles. and you can see some marks too. she uses it quite nonchalantly but with respect (she doesn't throw it around). she's taken it all over the world and was once even stalked around LAX by another lady who probably couldn't believe what she saw :P if the sight of this bag's condition scares anyone, then i'd suggest they stick to Mono, Damier or Epi :yes:

Oh so pretty!

What bag don't you have yet? HEHE.

I love it! I wish you could come to the LV luncheon next week! I know you would be so invited by our store! hehe.

Ooo Nomade, how pretty!

Omg, Mono Satin! HOW CUTE, my assistant manager has that same exact bag! I'll trade you, my mom has that bag in mono for your satin? HAHA, just kidding! Beautiful! I love it.

Dickies80 said:
Oh yeah everything they are launching in Nomade this year is permanent collection! :smile:

:yahoo: So I have time to save up! Thanks for all the info. :flowers: I really appreciate it!
Wow, I can't wait until I can get one! :tender: I've just fallen so hard for this bag! :upsidedown:

crochetbella said:
:yahoo: So I have time to save up! Thanks for all the info. :flowers: I really appreciate it!
Wow, I can't wait until I can get one! :tender: I've just fallen so hard for this bag! :upsidedown:

You totally got me intrigued with this line too! hehe.

Don't forget the Koala wallet will launch in this leather too this December! hehe.

:lol: I think you need something from this line too!!! :yes:

Think this will work?
Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is Nomade leather. It is high maintenance (like me) but I love it! I promise to take care of Miss Alma and not throw her around too much.
Love,
H
;)

I love it!

Santa better comply with your request!

Here's my letter to the HR dept. cc'ing Payroll.

Dear LV-HR,
I want a pay raise, now now now NOW!

Pretty please...

Best regards,
L :smile:

I like the belts in Nomade, they are cute! I currently don't like my weight, haha so yeah I wouldn't want the belt totally showing HOW ROUND I am around the waist! LOL!

*Sorry I just had to say that* It is true though! haha.

Yeah a Pocket Organizer in Caramel or Black, ooo. :smile:

I am sure you will get Ms. Alma! She's very perrty!