No Yellow At Balny*****just A Rumor.

But obviously they'll get many calls.. they are a store, ppl call in and ask questions or concerns. That's wht the SAs are for.
Even if someone started a rumor, it's not the customers fault they are calling to inquire.. they just want to confirm w/ BALNY. JMO

Yes...understandable. But I'm sure they get a lot of phone calls from people inquiring about styles/colors and have absolutely no intention of purchasing it through them.

It's rather frustrating, and I'm speaking also from personal experience.

OT, but

Incoral, all of the pics you've been posting of your TDF gorgeous colorful work bags has slowly seeped into my psyche. I've never been a big bag person, but now I can't stop thinking about them and really crave one myself :smile:

Are the colorful ones hard to wear or integrate into the wardrobe? I'm debating a FB or aqua, or maybe a violet...

OT, but

Incoral, all of the pics you've been posting of your TDF gorgeous colorful work bags has slowly seeped into my psyche. I've never been a big bag person, but now I can't stop thinking about them and really crave one myself :smile:

Are the colorful ones hard to wear or integrate into the wardrobe? I'm debating a FB or aqua, or maybe a violet...

Surprisingly....NO. I wear a lot of neutrals...black, stone, bone, navy, etc. French Blue definitely stands out and I don't have to accessorize as much. The Grass I find that it goes very well with my navy trench coat and jackets. I love both, although I do tend to play favorites at times.

I used to think that the Work bag is HUGE! Now I'm in search for a Weekender. Sandstone is next on my list since it's such a neutral bag...so I can wear my happier colored clothes! I love both French Blue and Aqua!

I also think the people at BNY are pretty patient and know what they are talking about. No one said all questions are irritating. But a rash of calls about a bag or bags that are or might be part of next season, which will not magically, exceptionally arrive way before the current season is even over, must get old. In the normal course of events, it just isn't time for fall bags, and most people know that. They are also fighting a bit of industrial espionage, so to speak. They have not publicly posted any color swatches and don't want them to be out there, and don't yet want to confirm every detail and make it easier for the fakers.

the truth is that all the buying has been done for pre fall and fall 07! all books should be closed by now so as a result all Balenciaga Buyers know what they are receiving..
however, it is a sad fact that most SAs (as any other SAs in the fashion idustry) dont get to know much (often nothing at all) about what they will be receiving..
so, some might not even find out until they actually open the box and siplay the goods...
how i wish they would give them a training after their buying trips:hysteric:

aaa, this is not at all directed at you but just to this line of thought but no one has reported that BNY was rude when they called this morning. we all just said that we would go crazy too if we got all these calls because of a rumor. i think the OP said that they asked that she post something because they were getting inundated with calls and it was making them crazy. she also stated (i believe) that the SA was nice to her.[/quote

I totally see what you are saying but why would you tell your potential client that you and your fellow co-workers are 'irritated' by the calls?? HELLO, you work in retail..I have received terrible service from 2 Sa's that work there, luckily my Nordstrom carries Balenciaga now. It means I have to pay tax but frankly I don't care because I get fantastic service.

I totally see what you are saying but why would you tell your potential client that you and your fellow co-workers are 'irritated' by the calls?? HELLO, you work in retail..I have received terrible service from 2 Sa's that work there, luckily my Nordstrom carries Balenciaga now. It means I have to pay tax but frankly I don't care because I get fantastic service.

You won't believe the amount of ridiculous and pointless calls I get from my job on a daily basis.

Perhaps the SA knows the customer/person well enough to state that they are getting "irritated" with the calls. I feel close to some of my clients that I would tell them the truth and perhpas this is the situation with them as well.

And also, the really funny thing is...out of all the calls they got about the "yellow" bag, there's a very very small percentage of those people who would actually buy the item if it had happened to be there.

the truth is that all the buying has been done for pre fall and fall 07! all books should be closed by now so as a result all Balenciaga Buyers know what they are receiving..
however, it is a sad fact that most SAs (as any other SAs in the fashion idustry) dont get to know much (often nothing at all) about what they will be receiving..
so, some might not even find out until they actually open the box and siplay the goods...
how i wish they would give them a training after their buying trips:hysteric:

I work a luxury brand myself. I get a list of what's coming to our store probably a month before the season kicks in. There will be "delivery dates" but these are just estimates and not set in stone.

When a client asks for something I can't exactly give them a time frame...it could be tomorrow or 3 months from now...or never.

It's much harder than it seems to "train" people as to when certain things are coming. The buy might have been done a season ahead but production could also affect the outcome and any possible delays.

I can only imagine all the stuff those SAs have to go through with customers...especially the ones from this forum. Including ME! :P I call there too!!

I mean REALLY.... with all the different colors, styles and leathers...... not to mention some of our indecisive personalities...with the buying and the returning!!! I feel kind of bad for them sometimes.

I called Daphne 3 times in about 14 minutes last week over my new purchase. She had such a sense of humor about it but I was kind of a "challenge" that day. :nuts:

^yes, at my store, we often get customers who buy the merchandise off of Ebay and DEMANDS that we fix their shoes/handbag and that we should stand for the quality of our merchandise....

and that's only the beginning of things!

okay, this thread is getting a bit OT, but if you're in client services, you should maintain a professional demeanor toward any clients/potential clients at all times (it doesn't matter if they're buying or not or how irritating you find their questions)...in my business, if we treated our clients the way some of these SA's treat theirs, our agency would fall to pieces & none of us would have jobs anymore...not everyone is cut out to handle it, myself included, which is why i'm not an account/sales person :cutesy:

I think Bal stores get inundated with calls cause there are only two of them. NY sales staff are definately more friendly than Paris IMO. I do know that they will be opening more boutiques soon and there will definately be a new Bal store in Milan. Maybe that will take the pressure off all the SA's. All the concessions in the UK never have a clue about what's going on with BBags from colours to styles to leathers to stock. It's frustrating!!!!!!!!

I think Bal stores get inundated with calls cause there are only two of them. NY sales staff are definately more friendly than Paris IMO. I do know that they will be opening more boutiques soon and there will definately be a new Bal store in Milan. Maybe that will take the pressure off all the SA's. All the concessions in the UK never have a clue about what's going on with BBags from colours to styles to leathers to stock. It's frustrating!!!!!!!!

It is. I spoke to a SA in Selfridges the other day, and she was telling me she had items in 'mushroom'. When I went in, this turned out to be sandstone :shrugs:

The store puts its own tags on the bags, and put their own description of the colour, which is ok, if its black or white.:Push: