No sales tax at Saks in PA?

Currently on the phone with the Pittsburgh Saks LV store... they said that if the destination zip code is within a 10 miles radius of an LV boutique (any LV boutique, not just a Saks LV), then sales tax would be charged... if the zip code is outside of the 10 mile radius, then no sales tax!

And... DARN! The Union Square (SF) LV boutique is 9.5 miles away from my home! :crybaby:

Can you have it sent to a relative or friend's house or workplace?

Sorry to bring this up again... but I just called Macy's LV boutique in NYC and asked about having items shipped to California, where I live (since I believe there are no Macy's in California that have LV boutiques - though I could be wrong). The SA said that they started to charge sales tax even in this situation once Federated bought Macy's, regardless of the fact that there are no Macy's in California that have LV boutiques.

What's the deal?

I think with Macy*s HS, it depends on the SA. I've had two pochettes and a scarf sent to me from that store and for the two pochettes (same SA), I wasnt charged tax but for the scarf (different from the SA who helped me with the pochettes), I was charged tax.

Macy*s Valleyfair use to have a little LV counter but it's gone now :crybaby:

I have ordered from Saks LV many times. I am here in the Bay area (San Jose, CA ) since there is NO Saks store in San jose. Saks LV does not charge me tax. If there is NO store in your area NO tax should be charged.

Can you have it sent to a relative or friend's house or workplace?

I could... I thought of that too... but realized that I would be rushing into this purchase, to get in before the price hike and get free shipping. I need to CALM DOWN and in the end, if I'm going to get another LV, I will be willing to pay the extra for the increased price and tax. Might not be for a while, though. :yes:

I went to school in Philadelphia and lived down the street from Saks on City Ave. That Saks, and Neimans in KOP, were my 2nd and 3rd homes there. I'm back in California now, and I miss them like crazy!