no!no! hair removal - I tried it!

1. So I tried doing a search but search function is disabled, so I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I wanted to share my experience with the no!no! hair removal/reduction device! I got it from Sephora (I think it might only be sold there) and tested it out today on my forearms. For those who haven't heard of it, it supposedly can provide hair reduction similar to laser hair removal (which I have also done) but in your own home, for less money, etc. And it works on all hair colors vs. laser that often doesn't work on blonde hair. So anyway, I didn't have a ton of hair on my arms but enough to bother me. I was told that it was too light to be lasered and I was always too scared of stubbly regrowth to shave or wax. That's why I ordered the no!no! as soon as I heard about it! It was pretty easy to use but kind of bizarre - it burns the hair so it definitely doesn't smell so great while you're doing it. And it didn't give a super smooth result for me this first time, though I'm hoping that it will get better with future use. You are supposed to do it 2-3 times a week for at least a few months in order to achieve hair reduction - kind of seems like a lot but it only took me about 30 minutes to do it today, and I was still getting used to how it worked (plus had longer hair and not just stubble). So far, I think it's overall pretty cool!

Has anyone else tried the no!no!? What did you think? I hope the long-term results will be what they claim to be!

2. Please keep us posted. Can you use this on your bikini line and underarms?

3. As far as I can tell, you can use it on bikini line and underarms. The instructions say not to use on "face, breasts, genitals." It does feel a little hot while you're using it, so I guess that's why it's not good for the more sensitive areas. It's probably better to start with arms/legs to get used to it and master the proper technique and then try the more difficult spots. I would offer to test on bikini and underarm but I've already had mine lasered (sorry if that's TMI!).

4. I just read a someone's review (distressederma), and I totally want to buy one right now! lol It sounds so great. She seemed like she thoroughly tested the product and had great results..now to get DH to cough up the 250$ lol

5. Does it hurt as much as get your hair lasered? I've done that on my face and it really didn't work. I was thinking about the no no for my legs though. Keep us posted!

6. I've been wanting to buy this, but hesitant to due to the price. I'd really like to hear how it works out for you in the upcoming weeks, so please keep us posted!

7. I will make sure to keep you all posted on the results!

ScienceNerd - I think I read the same review and that helped me take the plunge on buying it!

BagsRmyLife - it hurts no where near as much as getting lasered! In fact, the no!no! doesn't really hurt at all...it does feel a little hot and I can see how you could burn yourself if you weren't careful on tricky parts (like knees) but since it burns the hair, there is no pain from ripping it out and none of the continuous "rubber band snapping" sting of laser. I have a pretty high pain threshold and I find laser to be absolutely tolerable, though not super fun. This is a piece of cake compared to laser. The worst part about the no!no! is the smell of burning hair, but definitely not the way it feels.

itsnicole - I was hesitant about the price too but I figured that if it works like it says it does (which I will hopefully find out soon), it is a LOT cheaper than laser/waxing. And hopefully better results that daily shaving. I'll let you know what I think!

8. I think I'm about to order it. I told my husband I wanted it and that it was 250 and he said ah go ahead. Since, he is normally super skeptical and hates me getting stuff like this I was like huh? He wants to build a new computer :-/ lol whatever gets me what I want I guess lol

9. Woo hoo...I ordered it! Can't wait to get it!

10. cool! let us know what you think! we'll have to compare notes! btw, what color did you get? i went for blue. :smile:

11. I had to get pink :shame: My bathroom is pink/blue/green/yellow/orange..I think the product overall is really cute and doesn't look like a bulky hair removal product..I don't think I'll mind having a pink Ipod looking thing on the counter in there

12. I think I should get it too!! Ahh man when I think about $250 was the price of one laser session...well that was after I went twice. My first session started at $350 and went down from there. But I have like black hair so I don't know if it'll be powerful enough for it. Laser treatment is good but you really have to keep going back and it's annoying, expensive, and it hurts!

13. I forgot to ask...does it hurt like those stupid epilator (sorry if I spelled it wrong) things?? That thing was annoying too!! It like pulled one little hair at a time!! :cursing:

14. i saw a post about this a while back..(a month or more ago) ..this no! no! hair removal thing..anyway...some people said it burned their skin so i was skeptical about getting it..anyway too bad the search is disabled so i can search for the thread!