No more spare tassels..what do you put on your zips?

Here is my answer... we tell BNY to tell corporate they need tassels and if that fails we email corporate very single day! They should have replacement tassels for every bag color available for purchase. They know these break easily.

I emailed Bal Paris about tassels and they didnt answer, so I phoned them and they said to contact Harrods or Selfridges (UK B-bag Stockists) and ask them to order them for me!!!
Huh!! Surely it would have been easier for me to order them while I was on the phone to them!
Bal NY were more helpful. They said the colour I needed was completely out of stock and they would email me within two weeks to let me know when they come in.

I hope they do, as I wouldnt mind having a charm on the front zipper, but not all three of them.

*sigh*

^^^ Valerie in Harrods is incredibly helpful. If you look in the UK B-Bag Club she is even willing to order in the 2008 colours for tPF girls and hold bags so i'm sure she would order some tassels for you.

^^^ Valerie in Harrods is incredibly helpful. If you look in the UK B-Bag Club she is even willing to order in the 2008 colours for tPF girls and hold bags so i'm sure she would order some tassels for you.

Oooh thanks for that! I will give Harrods a call tomorrow! :yes:

Ok, So I really needed some more spare tassels for my Ink box.

I have called Bal NYC and Paris but I didnt have any luck. I also decided that I would prefer just to have the one tassel on the front pocket and normal zips on the top two zippers.

So I hunted around the market for a really cheap bag that had dark brass toned zips that I could take off and use. I found a bag for £5.00 ($10) with matching zips, so I bought it and took off the zips and used them on the top zippers of my box.

The pics make the zips look brighter than they actually are. IRL they are almost an exact match for the hardware on the bag.

The best thing is that now my box has 'real' zippers on the main compartment, its much easier to get in and out of. Before I was tugging on the tassels when I needed to open it and the bag was flying around everywhere. Now its just 'zip-zip'...in and out.

:tup:

8e1em95.jpg

6xa9frn.jpg

8ejo1nc.jpg

They look great! Perfect match. That said, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that BNY can't keep a good supply of the tassels for all colors in stock. They are WELL aware of how fragile they are and the fact that they break.

Ok, So I really needed some more spare tassels for my Ink box.

I have called Bal NYC and Paris but I didnt have any luck. I also decided that I would prefer just to have the one tassel on the front pocket and normal zips on the top two zippers.

So I hunted around the market for a really cheap bag that had dark brass toned zips that I could take off and use. I found a bag for £5.00 ($10) with matching zips, so I bought it and took off the zips and used them on the top zippers of my box.

The pics make the zips look brighter than they actually are. IRL they are almost an exact match for the hardware on the bag.

The best thing is that now my box has 'real' zippers on the main compartment, its much easier to get in and out of. Before I was tugging on the tassels when I needed to open it and the bag was flying around everywhere. Now its just 'zip-zip'...in and out.

:tup:

8e1em95.jpg

6xa9frn.jpg

8ejo1nc.jpg

That looks fantastic! How did you manage to take it off the bag and put it onto your Box? I've been meaning to do something like that with my Twiggys.

Awesome! They match with the bag and everything. How did you manage to take them off of the purse and put them on?! It looks like it would be a complicated process.

It's such a hassle asking for tassels from BalNY. They should put in extra ones when you first buy the bag. I mean, they can't be that expensive. And when the tassels do split or rip, they don't carry any. ugh...

Wow, great job! Love your box too. :smile: You'd think that because tassels are essential for the FUNCTION of the bag, and not just decorative, that bal would either make them sturdier or provide replacements more easily!!! I don't get it.

I LOVE this idea! I'm on the hunt for matching zipper pulls. I have alot of old bags in my closet, I'm sure something will work. My bordeaux box is getting a little make-over over this coming long weekend. Thanks!!!