NO MORE!!! NEVER again...ever

Here are pics of my mono speedy 30. It is 7 months old.
I love these bag so much, It's my everyday bag, can't say how much :love: It means a lot for me :shame:

As I bought it I was very scared because of the vachetta. I washed my hands everytime I touching the handles:Push: But after 2 month I don't worry about it anymore, because I knew it will happens .. I can't do anything against it.
When I know it rains today I don't take it with me but when I'm outside and it begins to rain I don't get panic, because I think the leather are not so sensible. I don't have marks from the rain on my bag and it came a lot of rain on it.;)

Of course there are times where I think a damier speedy would be uncomplicatedly, but then I look at my " honey" and say no the mono is something special, maybe 'cause of the vachetta:supacool:

Attachments

• myspeedy1.JPG
    myspeedy1.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 48
  • sp2.JPG
    sp2.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 39
  • sp3.JPG
    sp3.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 27
  • sp4.JPG
    sp4.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 42
  • sp5.JPG
    sp5.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 68
I thought that I could just let my vachetta age naturally, but I found myself obscessing over every impending cloud and kid with sticky hands...So I apple guarded the lot and now I'm not so worried. Mostly it just wipes clean. Now it will patina slower, but I worry less.

I know what you mean. I babied my Manhattan P.M. like you wouldn't believe, I wouldn't touch the handles unless I washed my hands first, and I never ever used hand cream. I wouldn't even let someone hand it to me in case THEIR hands weren't clean.

Even so the handles don't have an even patina. I love patina but I want it EVEN.

I feel your pain.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Hmm...I was never concerned about vachetta before I joined tPF. Then again, my handles are pretty filthy. I have extremely sweaty hands, gross I know :crybaby:, so it's just unreasonable for me to think I'll be able to keep the handles of my speedy 25 clean, but I saw a really really old speedy the other day and her vachetta was a very dark brown, almost pewter color and I really liked it! It looked so vintage and antique like. I hope mine looks like that someday so it matches my dirty handles.

Ooh...and I've been reading in the threads that Mr Clean Magic Eraser works? I'll have to try it sometime.

I protect mine with appleguard and when they get dirty, I clean it with the magic eraser, then recondition. I really don't have problems with vachetta and my bags are beautiful. I don't baby them that much.....I just enjoy them.

vachetta is tricky...other than my mono 35..all my other bags w/ vachetta have been pre-loved and I like it that way..i get them and they're all nice w/ light honey patina..lol.

yes, i agree with you. the vachette is way too sensitive. it would be nice if LV offered different choices in leather for the mono bags, like light vachette or dark (like damier). this way we can still purchase the mono bags we love w/out giving up on them all together.

I am leaning more towards no more vachetta, too, although I did waitlist for the watercolor speedy vvn. LOL I returned my Azur Berkeley because I couldn't mentally handle all that vachetta. I waited for that bag for so long, too!

I live in Key West...warm weather year round, so Im not a big fan of Damier. I do love a fresh, clean, new LV with gorgeous vachetta, however, Im just not going to do it anymore. Its funny really, those that know me, hear me say Im over it and they are like...yeah right. Im so serious! NO more!! My husband is thrilled.... Little does he know...handbags are handbags! KWIM?? Gucci always works! LOL

I am not a fan of vachette either! My first was a Mono Speedy and it was just no fun watching out for what hand lotion to use, sanitizer etc... just before carrying the bag,
I just don't like to be self conscious about it that much...:tdown:

I recently got the Mini Lin Speedy and I *adore* it... First on my wish list is the Trevi...
So like you, no more vachette for me BUT there's a lot of other lines at LV that are as gorgeous (if not more) yet less maintenance:nuts:

I also think that vachette is a hassle not only in warm weather but also in cold (I live in Boston and the weather is so unpredictable, rain might surprise you any time)...
BTW, I LOVE the Key West, will be visiting Key Largo soon, for a short escape from the cold:yahoo: