No heartbeat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I finally convinced my doctor to give me an u/s to determine how far along I am. I went in yesterday and they determined 7 weeks, 5 heartbeat. This information was given to me by the u/s technician. The doctor was in surgery and couldn't come down to talk to me. The doctor was supposed to call me last night to discuss the u/s...never called. I called this morning, doctor is in surgery again so I had to leave a voicemail.
    This was my first pregnancy-it was planned and I am devestated. I knew the risks and I know the frequency of early miscarriages-but somehow thought it wouldn't happen to me.
    I feel the need to act so tough around DH b/c he is really upset. I don't have any friends who have ever miscarried so I don't have anyone to talk to that can understand.
    Thanks for listening. Any advice you can give would be welcome.
  2. :sad: I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first to miscarriage as well and it was heartbreaking. I highly recommend the book Miscarriage: Women Sharing from The Heart. It helped me get through my darkest hours.
  3. I'm so sorry about your situation! Was the heartbeat not showing up visually on the u/s or could you just not hear it? Sometimes it doesn't show up until after a good 8 weeks. I hope you OK. I'd call the Dr. and ask what is going on.
  4. I'm so sorry...
    dont know what to say....
  5. I am so sorry. Hopefully your Dr. will call you back and let you know what is going. We're here for you.
  6. Ask to see if you can talk to another Dr in the office.

Sometime, they may not be able to see the heartbeat until 8 weeks.

We are here for you.
  7. Are you having bleeding and cramping? It's really not unusual to not hear the heartbeat at this stage. I know it's hard, but try not to worry until they tell you what is going on.
  8. I'm so sorry to hear your news. I have a number of friends who have had miscarriages -- all of whom, incidentally, have gone on to have successful pregnancies -- and I know it was very hard for them. I don't think you need to act tough around your DH at all; the two of you should definitely use each other for support right now. I hope your doctor gets back to you soon and has some good news.

BTW, I know this is the least of your worries right now, but I'm wondering if you might want to look for another doctor. Between having to convince him to do this U/S and the fact that he didn't call you last night, it sounds like he may not be quite as supportive as you need, either if you do get pregnant or if you want to work through why you had the MC.
  9. I went thru the EXACT same thing, but at 12 months. For me, the doctor suggested a DnC procedure, which I had the following day.

Fashion16, the next few weeks/months will be hard, but know that time does heal. Please pm me if you have any questions, I'm here for you.
  10. I'm so sorry :sad:
  11. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is, but I promise things get better with time. Please try to stay positive. *hugs*
  12. I'm so sorry!!!!
  13. You ladies are amazing. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much your words mean to me.
    CVibes-Thanks for the book, I will run to the nearest bookstore after work to pick it up.
    To those of you who offered to PM, thanks! I may take you up on it.
    I will be looking for a new doctor, I am convinced of that by now.
    I haven't had cramps or bleeding, just a lot of gas pains. We didn't see the heatbeat and when my doctor tried to listen to it (prior to the u/s) he couldn't get past the rumblings of my stomach/bowels to hear much.

Thanks again for all of your support. It is comforting to know that you can experience this and still go on to have a healthy baby down the road.
  14. Did your Dr call you back? Did they do an ultrasound in your body?

Take care yourself. <hugs>
  15. I had an internal ultrasound. Doctor still hasn't called (2:17pm where I am at). I am so frusterated, I am going to call him again at 3pm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.