No G12 Silver Hardware on Bal.com?

I agree as well. I dislike gold in general and used to be annoyed that Chloé Betty bags had a mix of gold and silver hardware. Is gold cheaper to make? I figure if you're spending as much as people do on luxury brands, you should have options. First they take away the giant 21 rivets and now this? Things aren't looking good.

Hi I'm new so I can't post a new thread but this is about the balenciaga.com website so I hope it's in kind of the right place-

I've been eyeing the classic money wallet and noticed that the picture is of Rose Berlingot but the color name says Rouge Coquelicot.

Does anyone know what color it actually is?

Hi I'm new so I can't post a new thread but this is about the balenciaga.com website so I hope it's in kind of the right place-

I've been eyeing the classic money wallet and noticed that the picture is of Rose Berlingot but the color name says Rouge Coquelicot.

Does anyone know what color it actually is?
I emailed their customer care the same question! they informed me it was a technical issue with the website and were working on fixing it. If you were looking at an image of the "pink"color it is in fact Rose Berlingot and if you were looking at an image of the "red" color it is in fact Rouge Coquelicot.
i haven't checked recently to see if they did in fact fix it but they definitely knew it was incorrectly labeled.

I emailed their customer care the same question! they informed me it was a technical issue with the website and were working on fixing it. If you were looking at an image of the "pink"color it is in fact Rose Berlingot and if you were looking at an image of the "red" color it is in fact Rouge Coquelicot.
i haven't checked recently to see if they did in fact fix it but they definitely knew it was incorrectly labeled.

Thank you so much!

I read elsewhere in the Bal forum (cannot recall where) that Bal boutiques and website were indeed going to stop selling silver HW- but that silver would continue to be sold at Neimans and Barneys.

Has anyone bought directly from the Balenciaga.com site? I'm thinking of ordering a Classic
Day, how fast is their shipping?
i have before! depends on which shipping method you choose but their warehouse is in NJ so if you're on the east coast it's normally pretty fast. you can also return within 20 days for a full refund.

Picking back up on the GSH thread, I just ordered an '07 with my first GSH--(all my other bags are RH and 1 RGH) ...I did a unfruitful search to try to find out what the GSH 21 is made of ? I don't think it is real silver? is there a thread someone could refer me to, or know what GSH 21 is made of? just curious--TIA!!

And on the subject of metals, I had gotten a small oldie pewter pewter holiday shoulder bag recently and while the leather was out of this world like nothing I had felt before, what was also amazing was the metal zipper was like this silvery smooth metal that felt and zipped like silk! sounds odd to also go nuts over a zipper, but okay i did! I'm wondering if the zipper was pewter or what it was as I thought pewter was more dark and matte. not sure where to ask that question...will do a pewter zipper search...

Last edited:
I am looking for a black work with giant silver hardware as well. Let me know if you all see any? Good luck on your search as well.
bal.com has this it looks like http://www.balenciaga.com/us/tote_cod45248102vv.html

i found all their available styles by just searching "giant 12 silver" but there don't seem to be any newer season colors. mostly black and older greys. perhaps i will email into their customer care and see?

Picking back up on the GSH thread, I just ordered an '07 with my first GSH--(all my other bags are RH and 1 RGH) ...I did a unfruitful search to try to find out what the GSH 21 is made of ? I don't think it is real silver? is there a thread someone could refer me to, or know what GSH 21 is made of? just curious--TIA!!

And on the subject of metals, I had gotten a small oldie pewter pewter holiday shoulder bag recently and while the leather was out of this world like nothing I had felt before, what was also amazing was the metal zipper was like this silvery smooth metal that felt and zipped like silk! sounds odd to also go nuts over a zipper, but okay i did! I'm wondering if the zipper was pewter or what it was as I thought pewter was more dark and matte. not sure where to ask that question...will do a pewter zipper search...
all giant hardware - 21 or 12 - is palladium