No alcohol or nicotine this week!

1. I'm just posting here for a little support. I quit smoking in April 2006, however ever since then, I have been wearing the nicotine patches that are supposed to help you quit. I'm down to the lowest possible dosage, but I still haven't been able to get off them completely.

Added to that, I usually have a couple of drinks almost every night... I'm only talking 1-2 beers, glasses of wine or cocktails, but I still started to feel like it was a little much.

So this week, I decided NO alcohol and NO patches, from the end of saturday night until this friday night (6 full days total). The alcohol thing is mainly just to prove to myself that I don't need alcohol. The patches I am hoping to get off of entirely.

Well, it's Monday afternoon, and I still haven't had any alcohol or nicotine since I decided to do this on Saturday, and I haven't killed anyone or anything. So I am hopeful that I will make it. :tup:

Ash

2. Good job! I wish you good luck! :flowers:

3. Good job! Congrats!

My DH is quitting smoking right now (again), so I know how hard it is...well done you!

We are both on the wagon too...lol...not that we drank a lot, but since smoking and drinking go hand in hand, especially if having a few on the weekend, he really wanted to not drink until he has the smoking done...so I jumped on 'the program' with him.

Good luck! PM me if you need any support.

Smiles!

4. Good luck! You can do it! Once you make it through the first week, you will be so empowered, you'll want to keep it up for another week and then another until you slip out of the habit. You might want to set mini-goals (maybe weekly ones) and then reward yourself in some way when you achieve them. Best of luck! :tup:

5. good luck girl!

.. i don't smoke, but i TOO am not drinking this whole week! like u, i've been having a couple cocktails every night and i was definitely feeling like it's too much .. so i decided starting today, no more drinks this week! :]

i'm here for ya girl! :]

6. Great job!! You're doing really well! Keep it up! :smile:

7. Just wanted to offer some support- Keep it up :smile:

8. I'm so proud of you! Nicotine may be the hardest one to quit.

Part of the connection, and it sounds like you've recognized it, is you have a drink or 2 and the control/decision process is affected just enough to, make it easier to give in and have a cigarette.

Keep up the good work! It's worth it.

9. Hi guys! Just checking in to say thanks so much for all the support :smile: Still going strong on Tuesday afternoon... almost 3 full days now!

I definitely feel the absence of the nicotine, but I'm dealing with it. I'm surprised at how easy it's been not to drink alcohol. I'm very used to having 1-2 drinks almost every night after work and thought I would really miss it, but I don't.

10. Good job! You can do it!

11. Good job!! Drinking was a breeze to quit compared to smoking. I haven't had any alcohol in AGES! I gave up many other much more harmful things when younger, but I still can't give up the darn cigarettes. Good luck, and keep it up!!

12. Ashlend - just checking in! Hope your week went well!

13. Nice work, keep it up!!