Nike Dropped Vick (sorta)

1. Hey All -

Jut got an email from the Humane - Nike has suspended their relationship Michael Vick! Looks like enough people got together to let Nike know their selling his products is UNACCEPTABLE. It doesn't make what he did any better, but at least he's not going to be getting richer from his behavior. It also sounds as though Nike will terminate the relationship if he's convicted (I hope). Small victory but one I'm perfectly willing to celebrate. :smile:

From the email I received:

Nike's statement reads as follows:

“Nike has suspended Michael Vick’s contract without pay, and will not sell any more Michael Vick product at Nike owned retail at this time. As we’ve said before, Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent. However, we do believe that Michael Vick should be afforded the same due process as any citizen in the United States, therefore, we have not terminated our relationship.”
    Also today, Reebok agreed to stop selling Michael Vick-branded products. The company does not have a contract with Vick but has an official relationship with the NFL to sell its merchandise.

2. Glad to hear it. I am just sickened by his actions and the sick people that get off on horrific things like that.
  3. Excellent! I also like that Reebok agreed to stop selling Vick-branded products.