Nicole Will Do Time

1. [​IMG]TMZ has learned Nicole Richie will appear in court Friday and will cop a plea in her DUI case.

Sources tell TMZ Richie will plead either guilty or no contest to DUI. She will appear before the Court Commissioner, who will sentence her on the spot. Sources say Richie will receive a minimum sentence of five days in jail. By law, anyone with two DUI convictions must serve at least five days. This conviction will be Nicole's second DUI.

Nicole was arrested on December 11, after cops say she drove the wrong way on a California highway.

2. The only reason shes getting 5 days instead of more is cuz shes knocked up!

3. In a word: DUH.

4. Although it may only be 5 days, I hope she finishes them all!

5. Do you think it will be more than 5 days?

6. It says a minimum of five days, she could get more.

7. What a total idiot. She better plead; she gave a confession at the scene like a braindead idiot.

8. If she pleas out they will give her the minimum most likely. She's doing the smart thing. I don't see her getting over 10 days max. The only reason Paris got that much time was her attitude.

9. do the crime.......do the time!

10. Richie Rolls

Posted Jul 27th 2007 11:23AM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice
    Wearing a skimpy black number with bug-eye sunglasses, a stoic but not-pregnant-looking Nicole Richie just arrived to the Glendale, California courthouse, arm-in-arm with future baby daddy Joel Madden, to face a judge on her DUI charge.
    [​IMG]
    Story developing ...

11. [​IMG]Say you, say me ... say guilty!

TMZ was in L.A. County Superior Courtroom moments ago, where a pregnant Nicole Richie faced the music for her wrong-way DUI bust in December -- her second DUI conviction in 4 years. Just like her "Simple Life" co-star Paris Hilton, a judge sentenced Richie to serve time in County Jail -- but only four days -- she has been credited for six hours of time served. Richie was also fined $2048 and was ordered back to school for 21 days to an alcohol education course.

Richie must report to serve her time by September 28th.

The 25-year-old is expected to give birth sometime in January.

12. eh only 4 days not too bad.

damn is she or isn't she pg? wth?

13. Seriously, that what I'm wonderin'...
    But 4 days isn't bad.

14. 4 days what a joke.

15. Wow. Not pregnant looking? I didn't see her lately, but wasn't she showing? Maybe it was the dress. I hope she hasn't lost the baby?! :sad:
    Well, frankly - I don't know who I like more or dislike more - Paris or Nicole. They both get on my nerves. I think Nicole is a lot more "fun" than Paris, but she seems like more of a ***** on the Simple Life.
    But I digress......
    Well, four days - okay. Whatever. It's the year of !@#up young celebrities, isn't it? Britney, Lindsay, Paris and now Nicole. What a shame....I can't wait to see what everyone's like in like 2 decades.....