Nicole Richie Due In Court Tomorrow Morning (Wednesday!)

1. [​IMG]
    The Commissioner in the Nicole Richie DUI case did not grant the continuance Nicole Richie wanted. Period.

As TMZ first reported, Richie's lawyer asked for a continuance until August 5th, because her expert witness, Dr. Terence McGee, was not available to testify then. Commissioner Steven Lubell was visibly upset and ordered both Nicole's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, and the prosecutor into chambers. When the Commissioner came out, he said he would not rule on the continuance and ordered all parties into court tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM-- that's when the trial is scheduled to begin.

Seems like Nicole is in a pickle. She flew to Calgary last night with baby daddy Joel Madden, who is performing a gig in the Great White North. Will Nicole bail on the concert and come back to face the Commish?

We'll let you know.

2. Hmmm, interesting I 'll be suprised if she shows up to court I'm thinking she'll have an excuse.

3. I have yet to see her in a maternity top. I will bet you 10 of Paris Hilton's hair extensions that she will show up for court tomorrow in maternity garb.

4. Wouldn't you think after just seeing what her best friend Paris recently went through going in then out then back into prison that Nicole would turn up to court exactly when she is meant to wearing a suitably demure outfit looking convincingly chastened?? I mean really - these girls have no brains at all.

"Umm gee sorry Judge but I would rather be off being a groupie to my guys band instead of coming to court"

INSANE!!!!!!

5. Will be interesting to see if she turns up, if she has any sense she will in maternity gear of course

6. Now, I really hope she will spend some time in jail. I don't like it when people try to manipulate/abuse the system. What's up with the wanting to delay it?

7. She'd be insane not to show up in court!

8. OMG you nailed it, Compass!! :okay:

9. Nicole Runs for the Border, Joel Fluffs

With a court date tomorrow stemming from her DUI last December, Nicole "The Pillow" Richie did what any pregnant, emaciated, spoiled starlet would do -- flee the country! Oh, Canada!

[​IMG]

Taking a cue from the Michael Jackson Children's School of Disguise, Nicole arrived in Calgary hiding behind a pillow with baby daddy-to-be, Good Charlotte's Joel Madden. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous! The unwed couple are up north because Joel's band has a show tonight at the Calgary Stampede -- a rodeo! Apparently, times are not-so-good, Charlotte.

Nicole will be able to enjoy her time at the rodeo, because Wednesday's court date is a motions hearing -- for which she does not need to be present. So while Wrong Way Richie won't personally be attempting to get out of her DUI tomorrow, she'll still be knee-deep in bullsh**t!

--Guess she doesn't need to be present tomorrow. I wonder why TMZ made it sound so in the first report. Oh well.

10. :smile:hmm so, now we know she won't be ha coming. Thanks for the report Kristen.

11. Maybe she should ask Paris for advice?

12. waaa waaa waaaaahn

13. TMZ has obtained a document that holds the key to Nicole Richie's DUI defense -- she will claim the drug tests cops performed on her were bogus. Life isn't simple!

[​IMG]

The declaration, filed today by Shawn Chapman Holley, Nicole's lawyer, states, "Dr. Terence McGee as a defense expert ... will challenge the prosecutor's scientific evidence and the conclusions reached by the drug recognition expert."

The pregnant Richie's trial was set to begin tomorrow morning. Chapman Holley appeared before the Commissioner today and asked for a continuance until August 5, because Dr. McGee is not available until then. The commissioner ordered them back to court tomorrow to decide whether he will grant the request for a continuance.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0710_nicole_richie_wm.pdf
    ^The documents

--But didn't she admit to smoking pot and taking vicodin? I think so!