Nick wants kids.....

1. Nick: I Want Children of My Own

WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 07:45AM EST
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Photo by: Jeff Kravitz / FilmMagic[​IMG]
    Only a day after Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo were getting physical – dancing and kissing – at the Manhattan club Butter, the hunky singer was on TV discussing children – and how eagerly he anticipates having them.

"I'd like to believe I'll have a family and have kids of my own," Lachey told Extra in an interview that aired Tuesday. "For me, it's what I look forward to more than anything else."

As for whether that future family includes Minnillo, Lachey would only say: "She's a great friend. I'll leave it at that."

After laying his life bare when he and his now ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, starred in their MTV reality show Newlyweds, Lachey says, when it comes to relationship revelations, "That's the one thing I learned, that's a part of my life I'm going to keep private from now on, and we'll leave it up to everyone's imagination."

Not that he was entirely coy about discussing Simpson, whose new album A Public Affair, hits stores Aug. 29. (Lachey's What's Left of Me, which he has been promoting heavily, has so far passed the 500,000 sales mark.)

"I'm a huge fan of hers, I always have been," he says. "I wish her nothing but the best with everything she does in life including her singing career. She deserves every bit of success she's had."

As for his own life, he admits, "What I've learned to do is try to ignore the stuff being said. You can't change it or stop it from happening, so worry about the things you can control. Live your life the best way you know how."

2. He would make a great daddy!!!:love:

3. I don't have kids yet either Nick... and I'd love a family :graucho:

Umm totally kidding Vlad!

4. Totally agree, I hope he finds his true love and all works out.

5. Nicky I will have your babies!
    **whispers** call me...

6. LOL:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

7. LOL We can all dream cant we :smile:

8. Nick will have no trouble finding a mommy for his kids...just hope he picks the mommy type and not someone who is self-centered and more into having a career/landing him. (and we thought we had stress)

9. AGREED!!

10. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

11. Yes he will with is fine self:graucho:

12. He seems like a great family man, close to his parents, and his brother. Good luck to him.

13. smart way to boost record sales *cough cough*

j/k!

14. My cousin use to say(when he and Jess first got married) that they were totally not going to make it, she said that Jessica appears to be so self centered. Who would've thought???

15. he seems a sweet guy~good luck to him!!