Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

Chrissy's dad should really consider talking to somebody. He really seems to have some issues.

Poor Chrissy can't even dance with the neighbor boy at her friend's party - a Pretty in Pink party consisting of schoolmates dancing to Hilary Duff music, I might add, without her dad calling her on the phone!

Dad is a dude with a problem...

In contrast, I had a strong urge to give Chrissy's dad AND mom a tasteful little Wedgwood dish full of chill pills.

That is what I thought, too! It would have been better than yelling at her (CHRISSY! NOW!) the way one does at an out-of-reach toddler heading for a busy street. That is NOT a good way to keep trust and communication open with a teenager.

And I know that to some, the idea of being in the room with a boy is comparable to that trafficward-scampering tot, but even if one assumes that once in the room she is going to just give it up, and that once she does, she is forever ruined blah blah, the situation would not be one that would be conducive to that, first, with all the other kids in the room, and second, with the parents in the adjoining room, but most of all, if Chrissy, or any other teen, really wants to have sex, they are going to find a way to have it, and so since apparently Chrissy hasn't, we can assume that she doesn't want to all that bad, and even if she did, it would not be the end of the world, the end of Chrissy, nor the end of the family honor, thus, the rents should chill. (end sermonette)

Just a reminder that as someone who has never had children, I am eminently qualified to issue Parenting Instruction Decrees and Proclamations. This is because, unlike people who have actually HAD teenaged children, I remember BEING a teenager, and what worked, and did not work, with me! :P

I agree Shimma, I think Christy's parents should have just said no instead of embarassing her like that. I remember those days as a Tenn I would have been mortified!

Last night we were at the Teen Choice Awards and guess who we sat next to? Two girls who live in Newport Harbor and they wanted me to put the word out that they are nothing like the show and that their school refused to give permission to MTV to film. They said those girls are not like the majority of kids their age who live there.

First of all, I thought the city of Newport was called Newport Beach not Newport Harbor.

And...don't you guys find it annoying when Chrissy talks to her dad on the phone in front of EVERYBODY and she whines and calls her dad "daddy"? If my dad calls me I would leave the table and THEN talk so that NO ONE will hear me. Also it's rude to talk on the phone at the table when someone is talking to you already. KWIM?

Very annoying people on the show but I'm only watching it because I go to Newport Beach at least twice a year and I like to see where they hangout. AND..I go to that same hotel in Palm Springs! Love that hotel!

LMAO shimma:roflmfao:...i was always confused as the housekeepers daughter in my neighborhood!!! :P

For some reason that reminds me of Ania on Sunset Tan, who foud some salon unethical enough to bleach her hair down to Olly Girl yellow in order to "fit in" (read pass for white) at an establishment that exists for the purpose of painting white people orange, so that they will look less white to each other, though of course they just look orange to everybody else.

And the other day, they had a lady bring in a little gaggle of Asian/Eurasian girls, and painted all of them orange, and their mother said, well now they look darker, so they look better!

Oooh. it's all twisty!

Wow after 2 episodes I'm only starting now to differenciate the main girls, they are all clones !!!!!

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing. Allie( I think that's what her name is got upset at the guy she likes was flirting with her best friend...why wasn't she upset with the friend too? she was flirting back!

Shimma that's offensive IMO.
Of course it is! It's offensive that anybody thinks that it is "better" to have a particular skin color, light or dark, and it's especially offensive to hear an adult say such a thing to children, teaching them this offensiveness.

And it was offensive hearing the people at Sunset Tan agree that Ania had shown good judgment by having her hair bleached.

And it is offensive to me that there is an entire subculture of people who spend Lord knows how much money with the objective of resembling each other as indistinguishably as possible, thus making us viewers have to Do Work in order to keep them all straight when they sign up for reality shows.

There are a whole lot of cultural practices, here and elsewhere, that I personally find blatantly offensive, and if I haven't posted anything about your particular pet peeve one yet, give me time, it's a long list, and I only have ten fingers.