Newbie with a problem...

1. Hi everyone. I'm new to the Purse Forum and I need some advice...

I ordered a Haptons patchwork mini tote from the Bags to Riches sale last week. It's the pastel patchwork from spring '06. I KNEW it was used, but the description said it was a 9/10 (carried but in excellent condition). For $55 I figured it was worth it. Well, I got it today...

I want to preface this by saying that I am NOT fanatical about my bags. They are meant to be carried. Sometimes I even *gasp* put them on the floor! But when I got this bag I was APPALLED. :wtf:

It looks like it needs a flea bath!!! It is so filthy that the suede creed patch is illegible. The entire bag is discolored; the suede looks brown and the pink patches look tan. It is stained and smelly inside and out and I would be ashamed to carry it.

Should I bother trying to have it cleaned? Should I see if they'll take it back? Should I try to resell on eBay? I am sad, because I really wanted this bag :crybaby: What should I do? TIA!

2. Send it back. Suede is notoriously difficult to clean, and if it's that dirty, I don't know how much it would help.

3. Yeah, I had no clue how to go about cleaning it with the cloth/suede combo. I emailed them and they agreed to let me return it, so it's going back.

I guess it's just buyer beware with Bags to Riches. I ordered another bag from them that they said was a 7/10 and it looks almost brand new. Go figure. At least they are nice...

4. I'm sorry this happened to you. :sad:

I bought a bag from the Bag Borrow or Steal outlet once. It was a Kooba Sienna. The bag is leather, so you'd think it would be in better condition than a suede bag. It was in atrocious condition. The leather was scratched and marked, the knots at the end of the braided ties were undone and frayed, and the ends of the strap handles were all curled up and distorted. They hadn't bothered to stuff the bag with tissue or anything when they sent it, so it wasn't holding it's shape..and I'd paid over $300 for it!

I will never buy another bag from a purse renting site. They're awful.

5. I'm really sorry to hear that. Definitely try to send it back. I hate when they're description makes it sound tooo good to be true and when you receive the bag you just want to cry. Lol...okay well maybe not cry, but I sure do get teary eyed. Demand a refund..politely! Threaten to file a claim with your credit card company...politely!!! Then look for another. Try eBay. At least maybe you can see pictures, and if you're not sure, ask for more and more. A good seller will be happy to send them if you're a serious buyer. Hope this helps. :smile:

6. sadness! send it back!

7. I live where Bags to Riches operates and they had a 'warehouse' sale prior to them posting the bags online for sale. I decided to check it out. First their 'warehouse' was one tiny room in their offices....'cute' and second I saw the bag you are talking about there. I couldn't believe they were trying to sell it. :crybaby:Out of the 70+ bags they had up for sale that morning I only saw two that were in horrible condition like that, including yours. I don't know why they even bothered with them. I am glad they will take it back and refund you. BTW I did buy something at the sale...cute small Sig hobo with sude trim and brass accents from a couple years ago got a good deal too... :smile: Here's to better luck next time.

8. That's interesting. I'm glad you got a good deal!

As nice as they seemed, I was shocked that they sold the bag, too. They said it was a 9/10, but it was DISGUSTING. I was expecting visible wear, but not filth. I was going to take pictures, but I didn't want to handle it more than I had to! After I re-wrapped it and put it back in the box I washed my hands (seriously)!