newbie with a Dooney question

1. Hi, I'm a new member...

I just ordered a Dooney Alto bag and I am wondering about leather care. I know they can scratch and age which is fine with me, but how about waterproofing? Can I use Appleguard conditioner on this leather (natural color) without discoloring it?

Thanks! Can't wait for my bag to arrive...

2. I'm not sure...maybe you can talk to a customer service person from Dooney and ask?
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Phone: 800-347-5000
    Customer Service - Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm (EST).
    Orders - Monday through Friday 8am - 9pm (EST).
    [/FONT]

3. i don't waterproof or applegaurd or do anything to any of my bags, including a Kooba Bonnie in Blonde lol! but i don't have alto so i woudln't know!

customer service would probably be ur best bet! goodluck!

4. I wouldn't use anything on alto. Remember the dyes can rub off so don't wear white pants and carry a red alto! As suggested, you could call Dooney.

5. I just bought my first Dooney alto too! :woohoo: Their customer service rep told me not to use anything on it (cleaner, conditioner, spray protectant) and just let it be. I ordered a brown one and asked about color transfer and she said it would not be a problem. Of course, in my experience, with any brand, all customer service/sales people say the best things about their bags and it is not always true! I will definitely register this one (I usually forget) and make sure I keep my eye on their one year warranty!

6. I have an Alto in the natural tan color and I remember the Dooney people saying (and I believe this is also on the website) not to use anything on these bags. Just a soft cloth. I carried mine pretty much all the time for about two years and the main problems I had were water spotting. (try not to go out in the rain....esp if you have a lighter color)...and the dog leash clasp had to be replaced twice in 3 years. After that I pretty much retired the bag.