Newbie saying hello w/Cadena lock request!

LOL, I totally agree Greentea! Even now I am thinking..."well maybe I should get one silver & one gold.....hmmm but I love the hippo, elephant, pegasus, sailboat....".....eeek! They are sooo adorable!

My SA told me that next year's cadena will be a dancing horse. The Hermes theme will be the year of the dance. She said they are also redoing the Pegasus because people didn't like the way it fastened - It wasn't as secure as the newer cadenas.

I have the following cadenas -
Hippo $285
Elephant $185
Pelican $185
Sailboat $330
Lion (purchased on Ebay)
Some cadenas are smaller then others and some weight more. Keep that in mind - the pelican is awfully heavy I think. Most can be purchased at boutiques if you call around. The older ones like the lion are harder to find. But they are all great fun and if you buy one you'll want more.
I'm looking for the lantern cadenas so if you see it let me know; it's hard to find.
Welcome & good luck.

The Elephant is $185? Where? I bought the Hippo yesterday for the price indicated.

I just love my elephant cadenas. I want a hippo next as well (CB) to also go with my evelyne!

IMG_1479.jpg

:shame: the cadenas are gorgeous~
but anyone knows what they are made of? gold platted maybe
also, does it only go with a hermes bag? and what's the function?
i really want one but i don't have any hermes bag + i'm a boy lol
merci~

I have the Elephant cadena in palladium, the sailboat in palladium, the year of the mediterranean palladuim and a silver watering can cadena, year of the tree. they are SO fab! Your list is great - I hope you get your Christmas wishes! I also have several enamel bracelets you mentioned, they're fab! Good Luck!

Some like the lotus and pegasus do not fit on all of the bags- these 2 fit the bolide on the side where the zipper pull hooks to close but do not do well on kelly and birkin. These locks have narrower "U"s.

A new issue is usally done in both gold and palladium plate.

I have pegasus and wear it on the clochette of my Kellys or Birkins- I don't find it a problem at all. The spring fastening is a pain though and has resulted in at least one broken nail!

BTW if anyone UK based is after the 2009 cadena in Pal, PM me as my SA has one on hold for me which I no longer want.