Newbie... please help me look for my dream prada purse

Now I really regretted not calling up all the stores. I just got the one that was listed on ebay. The colour looks kinda darker than what I have seen from other pics. But I thought I couldnt find it anymore so I went ahead to get it. It should arrive next week. I really hope it goes well.

ps dont you already have yours though marose? your cacao antik is SO beautiful i was drooling!

Yup... i have the cacao and I love it! But I love naturale as well... it was my first choice for the drawstring... however, it did work out for me in the end because my Prada SA found me a tote in Naturale (antik cervo) - not a drawstring, though - so at least I get to have both. :P

I was curious because a fellow tPFer was also on the hunt.

Congrats on the drawstring... antik or not, it is beautiful! Please post pics!

Now I really regretted not calling up all the stores. I just got the one that was listed on ebay. The colour looks kinda darker than what I have seen from other pics. But I thought I couldnt find it anymore so I went ahead to get it. It should arrive next week. I really hope it goes well.

Spendalot... don't forget to post pics when you get it... I am sure the color will be OK... it's probably just the way the pics were taken. Maybe when paddlestick posts pics of her and you get yours, you can compare and let us know.

Good luck! It'll be ok... :hugs:

P.S. The drawstring tote that someone *stole" right from under my nose was because the Prada SA said they don't put purses on hold, even while I had the order form all filled out and emailed to him (but because he was off that next day, purse got sold to another). I have since read from this forum that SAs do put purses on hold- right? What bad luck!

They most certainly DO put bags on hold!! I have found the secret is to make a connection with one particular SA at each store. You can usually tell when you are speaking to a considerate and motivated SA. Just make that connection and explain to them that you occasionally like to purchase Prada/Miu Miu and that you are a serious buyer. :tup:

OMG@!!! I LOVE this bag too and just sa your thread. I as actually also stalking that ebay thread but that price was just too high for a used bag for me. Do you know if any of these stores still have one??? I am SO SO jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's here. The funny thing is when she was on ebay, the tag wasnt on her. But its on her now. She smells weird too, like she was perfumed. But the lining is heavy and feels right.

P1020571.jpg

Spendalot - congratulations! you finally got it! That seemed quick. But how come you don't seem excited? This is your HG after all. Don't you like it IRL? You sound like me when I got mine (in cacao)! hee hee... but now, I'm so in love with it. Deerskin is so soft and the feel of the leather is TDF! I get so many compliments when I wear it, too.

Post modeling pics for us, please!?! :cutesy:

P.S. That was weird about the tag... maybe it was just hidden in the pics?

Late to this thread.......but your bag is gorgeous Spendalot!!! Do you like it any better now after you've had it for a bit?? I absolutely love this one. It looks right to me in the pic, but I agree- weird about the tag not being on pics in ebay and then on the bag. Gorgeous bag....

Spendalot - congratulations! you finally got it! That seemed quick. But how come you don't seem excited? This is your HG after all. Don't you like it IRL? You sound like me when I got mine (in cacao)! hee hee... but now, I'm so in love with it. Deerskin is so soft and the feel of the leather is TDF! I get so many compliments when I wear it, too.

Post modeling pics for us, please!?! :cutesy:

P.S. That was weird about the tag... maybe it was just hidden in the pics?

This is odd, I was sure I replied you. Hmm...or was it in our PM?

Late to this thread.......but your bag is gorgeous Spendalot!!! Do you like it any better now after you've had it for a bit?? I absolutely love this one. It looks right to me in the pic, but I agree- weird about the tag not being on pics in ebay and then on the bag. Gorgeous bag....

Thanks. Yes, I definitely feel much better about her now hehehe....

I heard about people buying tag-gun and re-tagging their purchases after use so they can return it. I wonder how true that is?
Anyway, I have gotten past that because I love her now! :yes:

Ohhh...so happy for you!! But so sad for me, LOL. I want this bag, so was hoping tiny bit that you would be ready to part...hehe. can't blame a girl for wishing!!! Seriously, though, happy you like it. Maybe one will drop in my lap one day!!

I have heard of the tag gun thing before too- wonder how true that is? Kind of along the same lines as wearing a dress and returning it...:yucky:

I have heard of the tag gun thing before too- wonder how true that is? Kind of along the same lines as wearing a dress and returning it...:yucky:

I was chatting with Saks customer service the other day and they confirmed that they 'caught' some customers doing that! More like tucking in the tags and then wearing the clothes. Then returning them! Let's hope that never happens to us: buying previously worn clothes marked as new!!

I think there are many kinds of tag guns on the market but you can't possibly buy them all. IMO, it's too much work and dishonest.

Not to mention the potential embarrassment if caught. :confused1:

Yikes!

Wasn't that the deal with Victoria Secret a while back? They were accepting returns and not checking if the items been used, then putting those back in the inventory. That's just nasty!

Anyway, spendalot, i'm glad the purse has grown on you. Maybe we can see some modeling pics soon? Congrats!!!