Newbie needs a bit of help :)

1. Hello all! :heart: I'm new to the LV thing! I'm 22 years old, and have, for the last 6 years, jumped styles like there is no tomorrow (I think I'm the only person I know in this little ol' state that can jump from victorian goth to juicy couture to anthropologie to lacoste to very eclectic Japanese street fashion all in the span of one week). Needless to say, after 6 years, it's all gotten old to me (plus I'm getting older!) so now I'm sticking with classy and classic styles and enjoying it. My normal wardrobe is entirely Anthropologie (all skirts, I don't wear pants), Lacoste, and other brands that I add in when something appeals to me (sorry to run off brands, but I'm not quite sure how to categorize my style :shame: this is the best I can do to describe what I wear). So I thought a few Louis Vuitton items would be great additions to my wardrobe :smile:

For 3 years I was off and on in a certain Japanese street fashion, and accumulated a very expensive wardrobe. I have recently sold nearly every last piece (for what I paid for it), and now have what I call disposable fashion funds from the sales of clothing and accessories (plus a decent amount of my own Christmas and other holiday $$ that I have yet to use). Normally, as an undergrad, I would never consider blowing such a large sum; rather, I'd save it. However, since I've lost a very significant portion of my abnormal wardrobe and have no desire to replace it with more abnormal clothing, I would really like to focus on getting classic, quality pieces for my normal wardrobe (soon to be my primary wardrobe).

Sorry, long winded :shame: Anyways, I'd like some opinions on what bags to get! And I want to purchase two good ones this year :smile: I thought I had it figured out, but I'm just not sure anymore (and it has been three weeks of considering my options :/). I'm a college student, and I'd like at least one bag that can double as both a regular purse and a bag that I can take a book and notepad in, to use for class. I suppose this means that it needs to be on the larger side. I would like for this bag to be the traditional Monogram (just not a bookbag). The other bag I would like to be an outside-of-class-only bag, and would like it to be from the Multicolor series.

Any good suggestions for the first timer? :sweatdrop: Experienced LV owner opinions would most def help a girl that has never owned a Louis Vuitton bag before! My only issue is that I can't carry handbags, as I tend to set things down and lose track of them easily, and that scares me with an expensive bag :push: So I need shoulder bags >_> I plan on purchasing both bags new, as I want to have nice new Louis Vuitton bags since it's my first time, and I want the experience of purchasing them in the store (I was so nervous going into the Charlotte LV Boutique for the first time, but the SA's were so nice! :yes:)

In a way I somewhat feel guilty for blowing this amount of money, as I know my parents wouldn't approve one bit (not that they approved too much of all the weird clothing I bought and wore before, I just bought it bit by bit instead of making giant purchases like I'm considering now), but I've lost so much of my wardrobe from selling all that stuff that I just really want to replace it all with some worth-while pieces (and my parents buy me all the normal clothes that I need, so I don't really need the funds for that :s ).

Thank you in advance for any help, and I've enjoyed perusing the forum so far, everyone seems very nice and extremely knowledgeable! Sorry this was a bit long :shame:

2. Since it's not ideal for you to carry handbag (as u mentioned) then you need something that has a long strap to carry across your body.

How about the "Monogram canvas Messenger Bosphore PM"? I think it should fit your books and extras.

eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Monogram Canvas Messenger PM Bosphore Louis Vuitton

THEN your 2nd bag can be something with more shape and colour? (not sure what yet)

3. Bosphore Messenger GM
    [​IMG]

4. How about a Cabas Mezzo or a Noe or a Batignolles Horizontal?

5. Monogram Musette!! Or the smaller, Musette Salsa or Tango. Both avaliable in Damier as well...

6. Maybe for the shoulder mono bag, a cabas piano or cabas mezzo? I also wanted to say the popincourt haut (which I just got lol) because it would be a good regular purse, but will probably be a little small for a notebook. A BH would be good too. Just keep in mind, cabas piano/mezzo have vachetta bottoms, so you need to be careful about getting them dirty.

As for an MC shoulder bag...hmm. You could look at:
    the Boulogne
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - LV Multicolor Boulogne
    the Eliza (which I think is really cute!)
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton Monogram Multicolore Eliza, louis vuitt
    the Lodge PM or GM
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - monogram multicolore, multi color louis vuitton, loui
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - monogram multicolour lodge louis vuitton, louis vuitt
    the Petite Noe
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - multico petite noe, louis vuitton noe, louis vuitton
    or the Sologne
    eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Multicolor Sologne

Good luck! you've come to the right place for help!

7. for the school/shoulder bag, the Batignolles Horizontal
    for the MC, I think the eliza or the lodge PM are both good not too big/not too small to be useful bags...
    good luck and welcome!:yes:

8. Monogram-
    Batignolles Horizontal
    Cabas Mezzo

Multicolor-
    Lodge PM
    Eliza

9. Hey! welcome to tPF! I agree with Mr Posh Spice, but I personally prefer the ones I bolded lol because I don't like zippers (on totes) which is found on the cabas and Eliza is a bit too small compared to the Lodge PM:p

10. For monogram I would say either the BH or Petit Noe, and for MC def. the Petit Noe!!! :smile:

11. for the bigger bag i also say the batignolles horizontal.

for the fun bag what about an mc speedy? theyre so cute and a good size and shape

12. If you're going to go for the Musette Tango, there's a gorgeous one up on Let-Trade (http://let-trade.com/x/LV-X15.HTM) for only $279.99 right now, which will leave you more money for your gorgeous MC bag!

I am so jealous that you get to buy two new LVs... I'm also wondering about this Japanese street fashion! Were you into gothic lolita by any chance, if you don't mind me asking? It's the only one I can think of where you can sell the clothes for what you paid for them.

13. I would suggest:

Horizontal Lockit
    Batignolles Horozontal

and

MC Noe
    Mono / Damier speedy

14. YES!! I was!! XD It's lovely to know that someone here has heard of it! ^_^ My entire wardrobe was Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, Angelic Pretty, and Metamorphose :smile: There is such a high demand right now for the items, that they sell extremely well.

15. I think they all gave you good ideas up there ^^. Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of LV!