Newbie has a Venetia question

1. I've been lurking on the MJ forum for quite a while and I finally have a question for all you ladies.

Until now, I've only bought MbyMJ bags and am considering getting an MJ. I'm debating between Blake and Venetia. The question I have about the Venetia bag is does it fit over your shoulder?? I've seen the Blake IRL but not the Venetia. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. My venetia fit over my shoulders. However, I think that the venetia is more of a hand held bag.
  3. good to know. thanks for the help, graceful!
  4. I agree with graceful. Venetia is more a hand held bag though mine fits on my shoulder but not as comfortable as the Blake.
  5. I can fit mine over the shoulder, but I think it all depends on arm size. Most pics shows the bag as hand held.
  6. I can carry my Venetia on my shoulders, but not when I'm wearing a heavy coat or a jacket. Hope you get one and post pics when you do. Happy shopping!
  7. My Venetia does not fit comfortably on my shoulder. I am not small, though. If the straps were just a little longer, it would fit, but I guess it's not really a shoulder bag.
  8. If you are small, the Venetia will fit over the shoulder, but the bag is designed to be a hand carry. I've have both bags, and the Venetia works best as a hand carry. If I try and carry it on my shoulder, both handles do not fit comfortably. If you are looking for a comfortable shoulder bag, I would suggest the Blake. If possible, the best thing to do is find a Venetia and try it, and then you can decide which is best for your needs. I love both bags, but prefer the Venetia.
  9. Like some people here, I can fit the Venetia over my shoulder - but during the warmer months. In the winter, if I have a heavy coat, I carry the bag.
  10. I can get it on my shoulder though not very comfortably!
  11. It fits on my shoulder comfortably...I can even get it on with a heavy winter coat (i tried it the other day...) although one of the straps starts to slide down a bit, but the bag does stay put.
  12. I can fit it over my shoulders. But I tend to stuff my bags so it gets heavy after a while and I end up holding it.
  13. I can hold the bag on my shoulder, but I usually carry quite a bit, so it gets too bulky to carry for long. It even gets too heavy to carry on my arm most of the time, so I generally hand-hold it.