Newbie Chanel owner with some ???s

1. Hi everyone,

In addition to my Chanel wallet, I now have my first Chanel bag. The leather feels soft and I would like to prevent it from damage as much as possible.

What is the official term for this leather?

Can I spray it with Shining Monkey leather protectant to help ward off staining?

Is it silly of me to prefer to put it in a white dust cover instead of a black one; do the black covers ever turn the color of a light bag?

Sorry for all the questions. I just love my new little bag and only want to give it the best care:heart:
  2. ooops a picture would help

3. so pretty, congrats! :biggrin:
  4. love your bag!!! ENJOY!!!
  5. I've never seen that one before, do you have any other info on it?

I wouldn't recommend Shining Monkey on your chanels.
  6. All I know is that it is from '04-per Michele's kindness in authenticating.

Senorjayme had one like it but in a different color listed recently, although I think it has ended. There was no reference as to type of leather in her listing. I was hoping to get more info on it here.

OK, no shining monkey. Does anyone use anything for protection, or is it not even necessary?
  7. That purse is gourgeous ! I love tassels . i'd call a chanel boutique and ask about protectant . it appears to be durable , thick leather .