New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

Hi

I'm new here and hoping someone can help. I recently bought a Saint Laurent shopper tote from Matches Fashion online. I noticed when it arrived that the printed logo looks fainter than the ones I have seen in a local department store. Does anyone know why this might be?
I will try to attach pics. I went into our local department store and took a pic of the one there for comparison. Mine looks more faint, or a thinner font, than the ones I can see in pics you guys have posted.

First photo is the one I have, purchased online from Matches Fashion. Second is from a store here in Australia called David Jones and I am very sure they would have authentic stock.

Attachments

• SL Matches.png
    SL Matches.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 2,459
  • SL DJ.png
    SL DJ.png
    278 KB · Views: 2,449
Last edited:
Reactions: Acctt
I can't answer why they vary so much. Mine is from matches too and is probably in between the two pictures. Not as deep as the DJs one but not as faint as the other. But I do know with DJs while they carry authentic items they don't have security tags or people trained enough to identify fakes being returned. I no longer even look there as on a couple of occasions years ago I saw bags there that were obviously fake and my assumption is they were returned and the sales assistants don't know enough or care so just accept them. (Not saying that the one in the pic from there is fake just that they're not always a reliable source)

Last edited:
I can't answer why they vary so much. Mine is from matches too and is probably in between the two pictures. Not as deep as the DJs one but not as faint as the other. But I do know with DJs while they carry authentic items they don't have security tags or people trained enough to identify fakes being returned. I no longer even look there as on a couple of occasions years ago I saw bags there that were obviously fake and my assumption is they were returned and the sales assistants don't know enough or care so just accept them. (Not saying that the one in the pic from there is fake just that they're not always a reliable source)

Thanks for your reply. I have often wondered that when buying things like sunglasses and bags from DJs!

I am considering returning my bag to Matches and ordering one from Net-a-porter. Do you know what happens if I set the country to United Kingdom and place an order on Net-a-porter in British Pounds but being delivered to Australia? It comes to 585 GBP which is just under AUD $1000 so I think that means I don't have to pay extra customs taxes - but I am not exactly sure! Does anyone know??

You won't pay any more than it says at checkout. My main reason from buying from Matches was I had a coupon code and I wanted Navy. I find it very good quality and probably wouldn't return for the reason of the stamp. But if it bothers you perhaps get it from NAP and get a different colour.

You won't pay any more than it says at checkout. My main reason from buying from Matches was I had a coupon code and I wanted Navy. I find it very good quality and probably wouldn't return for the reason of the stamp. But if it bothers you perhaps get it from NAP and get a different colour.
Have you found the navy to be a useful colour? Mine is actually navy too but I really wanted the black. Now I'm not sure as I quite like the navy too!

As I have so many black bags I definitely wanted something a little different. Dark enough not to stand out and clash with anything but light enough to see its not black. Being a classic style I wanted a classic colour and I love it. Have been using it every day.

Hi, I've been trying to find a matches coupon code for a while.Is it still working and what was the discount if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks. Would it be weird to buy a bag from the menswear collection? I love the croc embossed bags but the only big tote they do is available in menswear only :-/ I've been debating getting the shopper for a while but Im wondering how they hold up after a few months because there's no support at the bottom?

hi,
i love the simplicity of this bag, was eyeing it for couple of months before pulling the trigger and buying the black last week from NAP. it cost me just £508 with free shipping and no additional duties to pay. however, i have noticed the edges ( at the bottem) are a bit peeled off. did someone else faced this issue ?!

Attachments

• IMG_7778.png
    IMG_7778.png
    998.3 KB · Views: 2,267
Last edited:
I’ve experienced the same issue. I asked the store where I bought the tote if this was a complaint, which they confirmed. They sent the tote immediately to France in order to get it fixed.

Is there anyone who have this tote and the LV Neverfull ? How do you like the YSL ? How is it holding up ?

I"m debating between the to for traveling. The only "bad thing" with the Neverfull is I see it everywhere ...

Thanks

I have both and like both but I really love the thick leather of the SL tote. I've been carrying every day since soon after I got it and it doesn't show any sign of wear at all.
I also prefer that it's not as common as the LV. My neverful is the limited edition one with the red dots from a few years back. I don't really use it all that often.

Is there anyone who have this tote and the LV Neverfull ? How do you like the YSL ? How is it holding up ?

I"m debating between the to for traveling. The only "bad thing" with the Neverfull is I see it everywhere ...

Thanks
I have both. I use the YSL when I want to be more under the radar. I love them both equally. I rotate my bags a lot and reach for my ysl shopping tote about once a week.