new YSL rouge couture glossy stain

I bought this last weekend and I love it. It isn't drying like most stains and it really is a good mix of a stain/gloss. It lasted on my lips for a long while and that was through drinking coffee.

Thank you for starting this thread! I am so excited to try these out. Several colors are calling out to me, including Violet #1, Brun Cashmere, Pourpre, and one of the Rose shades.

What is a lip/glossy stain? Never heard of it before :shame: Is it different from gloss?

^ Hey Nat! :heart: I played with the new YSL gloss/stains yesterday at Sephora. They are a light, non-sticky gloss-type product which leaves behind a nice stain on the lips as it wears off. So it is basically a gloss-stain hybrid available in a wide range of colors. I tried all the colors, and #4 Mauve was personally my favorite. #16 Pourpre and a few of the rose/pink colors are nice too. Sephora didn't have the #1 Violet shade. HTH! :smile:

^ Hey Nat! :heart: I played with the new YSL gloss/stains yesterday at Sephora. They are a light, non-sticky gloss-type product which leaves behind a nice stain on the lips as it wears off. So it is basically a gloss-stain hybrid available in a wide range of colors. I tried all the colors, and #4 Mauve was personally my favorite. #16 Pourpre and a few of the rose/pink colors are nice too. Sephora didn't have the #1 Violet shade. HTH! :smile:

Hey Steph! :heart: Thanks for explaining it to me! Non-sticky actually sounds good to me, because I really dislike the sticky glosses.

I'm going to check these out soon! :tup:

I love the formula, I have sensitive and dry flaky lips and most lip products make me peely, but this gloss/stain does not! I have #17 (a nude pinky shade) and #15 (brighter pink shade), #17 is more for every day wear and #15 is if I want a bolder lip. Both colors complement my fair NC20 skintone very well. I thought I would like #19 (pale pink) but it was not very flattering with my coloring (fair skin, dark eyes and black hair).

I'm really wanting to try these. I don't have a YSL makeup counter in any of my nearby dept stores, and I'd love to see them in person. I don't even know if our Sephora has these in stock, but I plan to check there before buying online. I am definitely interested in #15, and probably a few more if I can find somewhere to see them in person.