New York Restaurant Week - Where are you headed?

1. It's 5 AM and I can't sleep so I thought I'd ask for those in the New York area, we all know Restaurant Week is coming up: July 16-20 and 23-27. Just wondering which restaurant people are going to!

Here's my list:

July 17 Tuesday: Jean-Georges =) ; Il Cantinori
    18 - Wed: Tabla ; Terrace in the Sky (with the bf :heart: - i set dinner for right when the sun sets hehe)
    19 - Thurs: Cafe Boulud and Arabelle @ the Hotel Athenee
    20 - Friday: Butter

July 23 - Mon: Smith and Wollensky (might cancel, i hear their quality has gone down)
    24 Tues: Asia De Cuba ; Megu <~~VERY excited
    25 - Morimoto!

I'm super excited! i LOVE great food and great restaurants.
    Anyone have any extra suggestions? I might make some last minute cancellations and try for better places.
    I'm supposed to set up one more dinner with some friends but I'm having a hard time finding a great restaurant for dinner. Most of the best restaurants here only offer lunch.

Some possibilities I was considering were:
    1) the modern
    2) le perigord
    3) mesa grill
    but i try to book restaurants that are uber-expensive so you get the most out of your money. =)
    Anyone heard good/bad things of le perigord?

Anyone else make reservations for restaurant week? :p
  2. Every year, I want to go, but never have the time. Le Perigord is good, one of the old French standards. Not cutting edge, but they do the classics well.
  3. Wow! I'm jealous of your list, you'll have to let us know how they were--esp Jean Georges since I'm thinking about taking my husband their for our anniversary. I've never been the Le Perigord, but I loved the Modern when I ate there. Smith and Wollensky is just so-so.

I'm only going to Rain West with friends since it was the best place that could sit our large group on a Friday.
  4. I'm going to so many places. My list, LOL.

davidburke & donatella

Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, Maze. I hope it's good.

Rain West , I've never been but heard it's good.

Can you tell I like sushi?? LOL
  5. Tried Bobby Van's Broad St location yesterday... it was pretty good.
  6. im going to morimoto and megu too!!! maybe we shall be there at the same time! =D
    im going tues. and wednesday. (tues. night megu, wednesday noon for morimoto!) excited

actually i might either go monday or wednesday, i have 2 reservations i havent decided LOL
  7. Sounds so yummy!!!!
  8. went to davidburke&donatella last year for their restaurant week lunch and it was amazing. if they still have it, you should get the cheescake lollipop tree for dessert -- so cute and yummy.

went to django last week, it was just alright -- the fish entree wasn't so great.

also blue fin in times square -- the food was fantastic.

mesa grill last year wasnt to my liking either but perhaps their rest. week menu is better this time around.

i cant wait to try jean georges too but i heard they have a regular prix fixe lunch menu for $28.
  9. I went to Dos Caminos last night- it was yummy!
  10. Pardon my ignorance but what is NY Rest. Week?

It's a time, twice a year, when the best restaurants in NYC roll out 3 course prix fixe lunch and dinner menus and it enables you to try restaurants that might otherwise be out of your price range. It's usually a corny price, too, like 20.01 (for the year 2001) or something similar. I think this year's is 24.07 but it's up to each restaurant what they want to charge for lunch, and for dinner, it's usually 40 or under.

It's a great bargain!