New York - Lucky Shops event

1. Have any of you ever attended the Lucky Shops event held annually in New York? It's a huge sale/drinks/food thing that Lucky magazine sponsors once a year. The magazine says this year it will be October 26-27.

We've been wanting to plan a trip to New York this fall and I really want to arrange it so I can attend this while we are there. I don't know when tickets go on sale. If you've been, is it worth it? I'll be about 7 months pregnant this time so it won't be as much fun but I can still buy purses and shoes. :p We would combine it with some activities for our two children. We haven't been to New York for 2 years and I can't wait. I'm currently perusing Travelocity and such looking for a reasonable hotel in in a good midtown location for what we want to do (shopping, Central Park, Theaters). Have any of you stayed someplace you would recomend?

2. I haven't been but I know a friend of a friend that always goes. She says it's totally worth it but you have to be prepared to hunt. On the up side, she came away last year for a MJ bag for $150.....need I say more?

Anne