New years event gone bad!

So sorry to hear this. What an ugly thing to do. That person must lead a thoroughly sad and pitiful life to have to resort to something like this.

I feel sick reading this.

If I were hosting that party, I would want to know. You wouldn't have to kick up a stink at all with me. I'd be sick and horrified and contacting my homeowner's insurance to see what needed to be done to buy you a new bag.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Thank you everyone :wondering
FP, NO it was my gold phw.
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY KILLS ME
I go out of my way to seem down to
earth and approachable when someone
notices or admires it, because I know ppl
can easily be misled by ppl who own expensive
things, I know I didn't come off as arrogant to anyone
Its just so upsetting I would never, EVER expect a thing like
this Im sure it wasn't anyone he was too close too. Being new to H after a long history with LV And expecting 3 more birkins very soon I feel that this experience will hinder me from using them freely and not having to be paranoid patrick every time someone gets close to me or my bag when its not in my hand. Im going to get it to H asap. It really just broke my spirit. Ugh. :sad:

Oh, I'm so sorry this happened. And I understand ... it is not just the Birkin but you feel personally attacked. Try not to let this get you down. This person is mean and jealous and chose to show it in a very destructive manner.

I'm really sorry to hear about this situation. It's a sad situation that grown adults have no self control and have no respect for the property of others. I hope Hermes is able to make your Birkin "brand new" again. Best wishes for the new year.

This is disgusting and truly horrific. I am so sorry for the individual who leads this sorry life that must act out irrationally.

((Hugs)) to you...RUN to "H"...Take care of you...

Part of me kind of hopes you've been really bad to whoever did this, cause if not people are just too crazy, cruel and I-don't-know-what-to-write... :wtf: It scares me thinking this can actually happen to anyone.

lecolquitt, I'm so sorry to hear this. I would definitely mention it to the host. Your story reminds me of the spiteful "Britney" who purposely damaged SimplyPrincess' Birkin. Although, this is bigger than a "small" scratch, I'm sure H can still fix this for you. Please let us know what happens. Hugs. :heart:

That is just the most horrible thing- I cannot believe someone would do something like that! Talk about malicious destruction of property! I am so sorry someone did that to you! It's just terrible!

Definitely get it over to Claude ASAP so he can try to save your birkin!

Jeez this just made me sick reading about it. I feel awful for you!!!! Do not bring it home, leave it in NY. The sooner the better that it can be worked on... and do nothing yourself just hand it to them. When they are finished with it they will send it to the LA store for pick up or you can have them send it directly to your home. I would tell the host, I know I would want to know. Maybe take a picture of the damage to show him/her. What a crappy person, only a real tool would do something like this.

This is the most horrible thing I can imagine! What kind of horrible person would be so spiteful??? If you can, take lots of pictures of it, as clear as possible and absolutely inform your host. I don't know if during the party your bag was stored in a common area with coats, etc...and if so, I'd ask other guests if they noticed anyone paying particular attention to your things.
I would do everything possible to discover who did it and expose them, because that is simply unacceptable, unforgivable behavior!