New to the Mulberry forum - need help on color for Bayswater

Hello everyone,

I have considered everything from the Chloe quilted bay to the Chanel Cerf only to visit this forum and love the Bayswater. My only concern now is what color to get. I normally lean towards dark browns, but find the purple leather Bayswater to be just spectacular. Would it be difficult to get this bag in the states? Please help me decide on a color. Thanks!

yup....here I am (as chaz so accurately predicted!).
Here are photos of the Purple Leather to whet your appetite and I believe that tropicalgal saw this bag somewhere in NYC...so give 'em a ring and see if they have it.
I've posted elsewhere the product number, info.....BUT if you need it, PM me. (I thought later that maybe posting this info online might not be a good idea cuz you never know who's lurking on-line, those BAD BAD counterfitters!).
I think the color is classic and timeless since it's a deep purple AND the leather they use is lighter than the Darwin leather which is an abolute plus for me.
Good luck.....I hope you can still find one in the US!
Let me know if you need anything else!
(by the by, the leather is TDF....absolutely exquisite and is so different from the quilted Bay and IMO a far superior bag. I love the grain of this leather - SCREAMS quality in every detail).

PS - FYI: the Mulberry website does not offer this color on-line and I only saw it in London at Liberty's....not at Selfridges or Harrods or the Mulberry stores at the airport. So, I think it is not easy to find.

Attachments

• CIMG2247.JPG
    CIMG2247.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 119
  • CIMG2256.JPG
    CIMG2256.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 113
  • CIMG2274.JPG
    CIMG2274.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 126
Ooo,diorfashion I'd go for it on those pics alone!!! I hope you do!! And I hope you become a regular on here,as long as you can put up with my crappy sense of humour you will have a ball on here!! The rest of the ladies are so warm and funny!!! (makes up for my childish behaviour I can tell you!) And we are all such enablers you will be planning your next bag in no time!!!xxxxxxxxx

Someone has just posted on Dcblams purple bayswater thread so you won't have to go hunting!!! If thats not a sign then I don't I know what is!!! Its such a wow color,but gorgeously elegant at the same time!!!!

Wow, I have never gotten a better response on this forum before. Thank all of you for your advice.

DCblam, your pics of the purple bayswater are what awakened my appreciation for this fabulous bag. My problem now is that I gave in to a sale on another bag (in purple) and as much as I love this bag in this color, I don't know if I should get two bags in purple.

Chaz - if I wind up with two purple bags, it'll be your doing. :smile:

If you've already got a purple bag i'd recommend going for a classic Mulberry bayswater in either chocolate, black or oak. (personally i love the chocolate!!)
Go on - you know you want to!!!

If you've already got a purple bag i'd recommend going for a classic Mulberry bayswater in either chocolate, black or oak. (personally i love the chocolate!!)
Go on - you know you want to!!!
:tup::tup:

I totally agree!! Go for it!!
FYI - Net-a-Porter has the Wilton and Knightsbridge on sale right now!!!
Love my new BAyswater though! Can't wait to take her out!!

Wow, I have never gotten a better response on this forum before. Thank all of you for your advice.

DCblam, your pics of the purple bayswater are what awakened my appreciation for this fabulous bag. My problem now is that I gave in to a sale on another bag (in purple) and as much as I love this bag in this color, I don't know if I should get two bags in purple.

:heart::heart: There is a lot of love and craziness over here!!!!

Glad to be of service....I know I know I know....it's all SO tempting! So, diorfashion, you've got to spill - what purple bag did you get????

As flyvetjo mentioned - one cannot go wrong with a Bayswater...it's such a classic AND stylish bag. One just knows that they will offer the bag in another color soon - but WHAT color? Anyone want to take a guess? I think the standard line of colors are also fab....but as I mentioned before, I found that the Darwin leather was a bit too heavy for me, but it might not be an obstacle for you.

Chaz - so, I know the "light" of color is beckoning you.....what color will it be??????

Kroquet - yup, "rots of rove" and wacky wacky stuff.....:smile: in a good way :smile:

Oooh!! honey,I aim to please!! but as someone else said there are just so many tdf colors and Mulberry styles don't 'go out' really,so if you pick one its money well spent I think as they always just look a gorgeous bag and some of them are hard to time line like some of the other brands.And lets face it,who can afford to just put 5/600 quid in a wardrobe and forget about it!!???:heart:

Kroquet, you are absolutely right. The more I think about it, a red Bayswater would fit my lifestyle better than a red Mabel. It's also more under the radar and I wouldn't be fretting it was going to be 'over' next year. Uh oh, think I could be in trouble here!

Just wondering , do you buy your bags to be in fashion or because you actually like them.
I couldn`t give a hoot if my bags are in fashion or out , I buy because I like them ;)

Kroquet, you are absolutely right. The more I think about it, a red Bayswater would fit my lifestyle better than a red Mabel. It's also more under the radar and I wouldn't be fretting it was going to be 'over' next year. Uh oh, think I could be in trouble here!

Yep!You sure are cos Tara's just read your post!!! Hahahaha!!!!:roflmfao: