New to Chanel - do the classic flap bags in cavier ever go on sale?

1. Hi - I really would love one of those classic flap bags in cavier. The one I am eying is about $1595. Do they ever go on sale either at the store or any Chanel boutique at department stores? If so, when, and what is the discount? Just trying to see if it is worth waiting and stressing about getting the right size and color.

Thanks!

2. I would love it if they went on sale, but unfortunately the classic bags in the more popular caviar colors don't go on sale...such as black, brown, white, pink, beige. This is a Chanel classic that they have had for many years and will have for many years to come so they don't put them on sale.

Now.....I am not sure if some of the less popular/seasonal colors have ever gone on sale. Perhaps our fellow purse addicts can help us out. I know that the tweed bags frequently go on sale. Or ones made of other materials such as fabric. On another thread, someone mentioned a possible price increase before the holidays. So.....I would probably try to get it before then, if possible.

What color were you thinking of getting? It is such a beautiful bag that will never go out of style. I just LOVE it!:yes:

3. I'm also pretty new to Chanel, and asked before I got mine too... I was told that classic flaps in lambkin and caviar don't go on sale since they're part of the permanent collection. Only the flaps in different materials like tweed can go on sale.

4. Yea, the classic bags never go on sale. The trendy ones are the ones to keep an eye out for. However, the good thing is, you can save up for one and know that (for the most part) you'll be able to get one whenever.

5. ^^nypersonalshopper - think we were typing at the same time! Great minds think alike!

6. Thanks ladies. I'd love to have one in black, with silver hardware. The cavier leather is just so durable that I know it will last forever. Hopefully I will have a daughter to pass it to and by then it will be a vintage!

I should have gotten one when I was in Europe, with the VAT refund I think it'd have come out a couple hundred dollar cheaper, even with the outrageous exchange rate.